am i doing it right?

daisyboo

Pregnant with no.1
Reaction score
hia,

i have just started using opk's this week and am currently cd12 of 31day cycle.

i have been doing opks on day 10,11 and today and all negative so far.

i've done them at 2pm each day and left the urine for 30mins to get to room temps....do you think i should expect a positive by now, or do you expect it more on cd13/14?

Also, do i ov on cd14 or 15?

this is all so confusing!! thanks all xx :hug:

You'll probably get a positive around cycle day 15 but keep testing anyway in case you ovulate earlier.

yep keep at it maybe start doing twice daily from CD14.

Best of luck getting your positive

thanks both, wishing you both the best of luck too x

one more qq, i think i got it wrong, on a 31day cycle, do i ov on cd16?

always hated maths! xx

hey daisy, if it's any help to you i've been doing opk's for last four days with non stop negatives (not anything showing on test line at all) then today i tested and was about to throw in the bin when realised a faint line was coming through on test line. i kept watching and after about a minute it had darkened a little more so basically what i'm saying is don't do what i did and throw it away 40 seconds after you've dipped it cos the control line shows up strong, wait a bit longer (maybe 2-4 mins) and look at it then to give chance for the dye to spread and you may start getting faint then stronger lines

i haven't heard of leaving urine for 30 mins to cool down...have been doing it with fresh urine which i think is sufficient if it makes it easier for you... tells you about best practice on www.peeonastick.com

good luck to us both x x

My cheap IC's also say to leave for 30mins to enable pee to get to room temp. I have never bothered and theyve worked just fine.

There isnt a specific rule as to when you acually OV but normal rule of thumb is between 10-16 days before AF so based on a 31 day cycle you could OV between CD15 & CD21. Rubbish thing is that there is no exact date and each cycle can be different. I use www.mymonthlycycles.com its free and you can pop you positive OPK's in and track you cycle length.

Hope this helps

I got a positive on CD13 of a 27 day cycle (well that's what my last 2 cycles have been). I know that they say the test line should be as dark as or darker than the control line but mine wasn't, nearly but not quite. I think this was a positive though as my temps shot up 3 days later and I was getting the ov cramps on CD13.

thank you all, its a bit clearer now and not leaving it 30mins will def make it easier to test at work if you know what i mean!!! xx

thank you all, its a bit clearer now and not leaving it 30mins will def make it easier to test at work if you know what i mean!!! xx

ha ha, yep that's why i test the minute i get home instead...mine are the opk's you dip with so i can't really smuggle a little pee pot and opk packet to toilet each day considering no one knows i'm ttc!!!
:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->