Am I doing the right thing?

K

Katieeeee

Just wanna know if I'm doing the right thing here.

FOB is taking me down the hospital when he finishes work cos last week the midwife picked up that I have a UTI and sent a sample off for testing. But today it's so bad that I've drunk 5 pints of water today and no pee has come out at all. So I haven't peed for 24 hours but I feel like I need to SO BADLY and it hurts so much....my lower back hurts a bit as well.

Am I doing the right thing going to the hospital? x

i think your absolutely doing the right thing hon, better to get checked out than not esp as a uti as far as i'm aware can eventually bring on labour?
also it can spread to your kidneys and damage them if its not picked up in time.
good luck and let us know how it goes ok?

Most definately - Exactly as Siyren says! :hugs:

Yeah, I think you're doing the right thing hun. It's best to get these things checked out to be safe.
Good luck at the hospital and let us know how you get on x

Thanks so much ladies, I'm in such a state and I'm all upset and crying like a twat! I've had the day from hell, I''ll post exactly what's happened later but I've only JUST managed to eat something, I've had nothing all day and I've been so scared that's harmed baby and now this! I've spent most of the day down the police station because I've had to make a statement about witnessing a crime and it now turns out I'll probably be needed in court around my due date! No one's cared that I haven't eaten all day or that I've felt ill and I ended up crying in front of people cos I've been so worried about baby :( Shall let you know how I get on! xx

I would definately go to the hospital, but as an idea and yes it sounds gross, I worked with a girl who was able to pee for a couple of days even though she drank and the hospital told her to go home and put some warm water in the bath and sit in it and try to pee in there. It helped for her and relieved her, she ofcourse had a shower right after but it's something to try in the meantime.

I would definately go to the hospital, but as an idea and yes it sounds gross, I worked with a girl who was able to pee for a couple of days even though she drank and the hospital told her to go home and put some warm water in the bath and sit in it and try to pee in there. It helped for her and relieved her, she ofcourse had a shower right after but it's something to try in the meantime.

Hahaha- great minds think alike- I was literally JUST about to get in the bath and try this- thing is it's not that I can't pee cos it hurts, I go to pee and NOTHING comes out despite the fact that since 9 this morning I've drank 5 pints of water! xxx

You are definitely doing the right thing!! Hope everything is ok xx

Please go to the hospital hun, I had it with my last baby, it ended up spreading to my kidneys, it got so bad he went taciocardic and they were talking about doing an emergency c-section. It is vital you get the right antibiotics now.

Hahaha- great minds think alike- I was literally JUST about to get in the bath and try this- thing is it's not that I can't pee cos it hurts, I go to pee and NOTHING comes out despite the fact that since 9 this morning I've drank 5 pints of water! xxx

Sorry it should have said she was unable to pee....
Did it work at all hun?

lol, i actually did read that as unable to pee!

hope everthings ok katie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->