Am i in the wrong?

You've been more than reasonable in asking for a little more! I asked Amelia's dad, and he had no problem with it.. Said he was going to offer anyway! We've gone halves. X

I dont think £250 for 2 kids is a huge amount, however I also don't think that the absent parent should be fully responsible for all costs. Even things out, stick his £250 a month in a pot, chuck in £250 from you plus the child benefit then its a bit more equal.

I'm not saying by the way that you should actually do this but some replies seem to go down the road that his contribution should cover everything.

I don't think his contribution should cover everything.. they are my children as well and I see it as my role as their mother to provide for them. I just don't see why he thinks 250 quid is enough for 2 children and expects me to provide everything else just because I'm entitled to benefits.

Thank you all for your replies. I still don't think I was in the wrong for asking. But he always will. 1 of the many reasons I'm glad we split up!

I dont think £250 for 2 kids is a huge amount, however I also don't think that the absent parent should be fully responsible for all costs. Even things out, stick his £250 a month in a pot, chuck in £250 from you plus the child benefit then its a bit more equal.

I'm not saying by the way that you should actually do this but some replies seem to go down the road that his contribution should cover everything.

I don't think his contribution should cover everything.. they are my children as well and I see it as my role as their mother to provide for them. I just don't see why he thinks 250 quid is enough for 2 children and expects me to provide everything else just because I'm entitled to benefits.

Thank you all for your replies. I still don't think I was in the wrong for asking. But he always will. 1 of the many reasons I'm glad we split up!

No I didn't really mean it to sound directed. It was more generally to the posters who were suggesting that the absent parent should cover all expenses.

my ex gives me 150 every month and has done for the past 7 years for our son (i should probably take a look at inflation lmao) however every August i just text him with his half of the uniform and he pays it, no questions asked, i do always give notice though. I will ask him if he wants to go halves as usual and if so i will let him know the amount and then he can pay it when ever.

I should add though; this is the only time we split costs as i feel its the only extra that both of us should pay equally. He never has to put money forward for shoes/ clothes for daily wear etc, I pay for that and i suppose in part he does with his 150 quid.
He buys him shoes and clothes that stay at his house.

I have to PAY 100 a month in fuel to take mine to their dads and get no maintenence at all. Feeling robbed lol x

Does he bring them back MF?

I have to PAY 100 a month in fuel to take mine to their dads and get no maintenence at all. Feeling robbed lol x

Thats bad midnight! Hed have to pay if use were together so not fair just because use have split.

Then I'd be expecting a contribution towards fuel. Yes you're facilitating contact and that's important but it's also important that he's responsible for the children he helped create.

They want to see him :( he doesnt work atm so cant really get more than £7 a month according to csa lol x

tbh whether csa say that money they pay is for anything any loving parent would want to help as much as they can

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->