Am I just noticing less second time round?

LDC

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my second pregnancy and I think I'm more active!

I remember with dd being really tired during first tri pretty much from the get go, but this time I'm not so fazed. I'm only 6 ish weeks so know it's very early stages still, but I feel like the past two weeks I've had a surge in energy which kinda worries me.

I don't know if it's just that I have no choice this time whereas with dd I didn't have anyone else to look after so I could just get home from work and snooze whereas now I have a 2 year old to get ready, play with and tidy up after.

I've even managed to get a small room in my house decorated and have white washed half the wall in another this morning.

Shouldn't I be tired???

I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow, I think I'm freaking out more this time (I don't know why) that something isn't right because I'm so different to last time. Although...I have been permanently tired since 2012 when dd was born :haha:

Anyone else not feeling ultra tired? Please reassure me!

X

I'm been tired on an evening for the past 2/3 weeks but I remember with DD getting to about 2pm in the afternoon and feeling like I could just drop off to sleep, work was really tough. I have probably slept a bit more on the weekend where I could but nothing like when I was pregnant with DD. I do think part of it is not having a choice, first time round I could indulge in resting but now DD just wants attention and I feel guilty not being there for her.

I am finding this too. But I also have a 2 year old & being out in the fresh air with him is perking me up so I thought maybe I am getting more fresh air and exercise this time rather than going to bed straight from work first time around? I don't feel very pregnant this time & I don't know if that's because my toddler us taking my mind off the pregnancy? I am about 10.5wks now & haven't had much nausea & am having a much better pregnancy this time.

Thanks both.

I agree with a lot of what you said mrshopeful, I think that's what it is and that we kinda have no option but to keep getting on with things.

I think reading things on here freaks me out a bit, although I was also like that with dd as I didn't have any symptoms. Fingers crossed for the same this time too.

I can't wait to get to 12 weeks, it just seems so far away! Xx

I was so scared last time that there would be something wrong as the 12 wk scan....& I feel that way again but I think that's just natural for me to worry as I am a worrier.

I worry about this too. I thought my Ms was kicking in last weekend I was so sick, but it's vanished so think it must've been a bug. I feel nauseated on and off and sore boobs, but otherwise I feel kinda ok and that worries me!! The week I found out I was mega tired but now I feel ok again - albeit knackered by the evening and usually in bed by 8:30. Anyways. I was so unwell when preggo with my son I guess I just expected the same this time round but maybe you's are right and the toddlers take or minds off it. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->