Am I mad 4 wanting to do this?

vickilouise

Reaction score
well i am seriously wanting to do my local race for life this year, even though im due to give birth in sept and the race is on 29th june ????
it says its 5k and i can walk... more like waddle round the course haha

waddya think?
am i as mad as my dad and OH think i am????:wacko:

If you are used to walking such a distance, then I don't see the problem.

do walk!!! NO running!!! Our pregnant heart arent arent meant to go above 140 bpm. I personally wouldnt do it. Ask your MW.

You're pregnant, not dead or disabled. I lead a running group and I've 3 different ladies who've run up til their 8th month, and only stopped 'cause they couldn't find comfortable running shorts! :rofl: As long as you were fit enough for such a challenge BEFORE you got pregnant and have kept your fitness level up as best you can, by all means do it! I'd still get the ok from your doctor or mw that your not high-risk for anything, and listen to your body during the race (don't get overheated or, as tinytoes says, overworked - keep your pace comfortable), then its all good! Good for you! enjoy it! :hugs:

Ofcourse you should do it, just make sure its at your own pace and stop if ou feel unwell !! I have a dog which requires walking for atleast 2 x 1hr walks a day, i will not be able to stop just coz im pregnant, plus it will keep me fit and hopefully stop me piling on the extra pounds !
Definately go for it ! Its such a good cause ! Good luck xx

I say GO FOR IT! (as long as your fitness level is up to it of course!)

You're pregnant, not dead or disabled. I lead a running group and I've 3 different ladies who've run up til their 8th month, :

wow, doesnt the baby get shaken about?
I'd hate to run when I've got a bump in case I fall!
hiya SwissMiss - i'm working in Geneva!

yeh def go for it, i still go for really long brisk walks, as long as you feel comfortable exercise is good for you.

wow, doesnt the baby get shaken about?
I'd hate to run when I've got a bump in case I fall!
hiya SwissMiss - i'm working in Geneva!

That made me lol.

Baby is very, VERY well cushioned in there. It'd probably just make little one sleep soundly.

That made me lol.

Baby is very, VERY well cushioned in there. It'd probably just make little one sleep soundly.

hahah, ok, so maybe it wouldnt be shaken about...:rofl:..but a fall could still do harm - I'm clumsy...I nearly fell over twice this week!!:dohh:

Yeah definately, falling would be the main issue. But if you're not clumsy then it's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->