Am I over reacting??

Boomerslady

Reaction score
I just need some advice because my family think I'm over reacting and I don't!!!

I slipped in the shower yesterday, the bath mat gave way from under me and I've really badly bashed my foot. There's a big cut and instant blue bruise on top of my foot, and its really sore and swollen along the edge where my little tpe is. I can't put any weight on it, and well it hurts!!

I want to get an X-ray just in case but Ill need someone to drive me and someone to have Ben but with FOB and my mum saying I should just rest it for a few days and it'll get better I doubt they'll help me out!!

Would you get it checked out? I'm not sure how to rest it with Ben here!! Plus with nursery to get to tomorrow. I'm such an idiot falling in the shower!!

I would call NHS direct for advice, then if they tell you to go in you can say to FOB 'It got worse overnight and they told me I have to go in', takes the decision away from you in a way so no one can argue it with you.

I would want to get it checked if you still can't put weight on the next day.

Thanks for replying. I hadn't even thought of ringing NHS direct!!!! Ill do that once Bens up. It's just so hard to get about, just getting to the toilet is agony because I have to put slight weight on it so I don't fall over and it's agony.

I would get it checked. It may well get better over the next few days, but equally you could be walking around on a broken foot!

Hope you manage to get some help x

I would get it checked out. I badly injured my little toe when I was younger and I just ignored it, figuring it hurt cos well I bashed it lol. It must have been fractured cos it's healed funny and is an odd shape. It still often hurts too, especially when the weather get cold.

I would get it checked out even if they could just give you some stronger pain relief. If you didn't have a LO I'd probably say just rest it but that is easier said than done I'd imagine with a 4 year old!

Thanks for replying everyone. I'm a bit stuck now because my mum, brother and sister all think I'm over reacting and that's it's prob just badly bruised and I need to rest it!! They won't have Ben for me as hospital is a waste of time!

FOB has some crutches he's going to lend me so I guess I just need to suck it up, great!!!

Could FOB look after Lo and you get yourself to hospital using the crutches? Not ideal, can't believe your family won't help.

No FOB won't have him for me. Because we have 50/50 custody of Ben he won't take him on 'my' days because he thinks my family should help out!! It's. slightly better to walk on (as in I can put my foot flat and hobble!) I've spoken to my mum and I'm going to go tomorrow morning in a cab when bens at nursery then if I'm there for more than 3 hours my mum will collect Ben for me and keep him until I get back.

No FOB won't have him for me. Because we have 50/50 custody of Ben he won't take him on 'my' days because he thinks my family should help out!! It's. slightly better to walk on (as in I can put my foot flat and hobble!) I've spoken to my mum and I'm going to go tomorrow morning in a cab when bens at nursery then if I'm there for more than 3 hours my mum will collect Ben for me and keep him until I get back.

Glad it's feeling a bit better and you have a plan for tomorrow if it's still bad - if I was closer id come and take you myself!!

Hope it's just bruised. It's a good sign that you're starting to be able to bear weight. Even if it is just bruised I bet it hurts a tonne! It's good to get it checked if its not better after a couple of days just in case, so if you feel you need to stick to your guns!

Aww thanks hunni :) it's really knocked me for 6, I suffer badly with my depression and things like this can really mess with my head, make me feel so alone and like no one cares. I can't stop crying, I'm trying to pick myself up!

Just managed to get a pic uploaded. It doesn't look as bad as it feels!!

image.jpg

Ps please no laughing at the stupidly long toes (I've git size 10 feet!!) or the obvious need for nail varnish, it's winter so I don't normally bother!!

Wish I lived closer hun would get DH to drive you up the hospital. Glad you have a plan for tomorrow to get it checked out hun. HUGS xxx

Thanks for replying everyone :) thanks Topsy :hugs:

The plan for tomorrow has been cancelled my mum has someone coming to talk about her new kitchen at half 1 so can't collect Ben at 12.15!!!!! I spoke to NHS 111 and first they wanted to send an ambulance then after a while she agreed to let me rest it until tomorrow and see how much weight I can put on it.

I feel bad for you :( they are behaving horribly about it. Is there an option to bring LO with you?xx

I guess I could take Ben but he's a typical 4yr old who'd just run riot!!! Luckily I can put more weight on it now than I could at lunchtime so fingers crossed by morning it should be a bit better.

Getting to work on Wed could be fun!!

It definitely needs looking at. Just showed it to DH (nurse) and he agreed. Big hugs xxx

Def get seen, even if it feels a bit better it could be a fracture. Take Ben with you after nursery tomorrow as a&e is a bit quieter during the day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->