Am I seeing two babies or just 1 and a yolk sac?

Tickledpink2

Reaction score
This is my 7th pregnancy and if all continues to progress, this will be my 4th baby. I am currently 7 weeks 5 days, but this ultrasound was done at 7 weeks 2 days. I have had high hcg levels with this pregnacy and the numbers more than quadrupling during the first few weeks. I am also 36 years old. Can anyone please give me their opinions on what they see in these photos? The ultrasound tech was fairly quick in doing the ultrasound, and when she found the one heartbeat she didn't even bother looking at the other blob to see what it was. She just said that's the yolk sac and kept going. I know normally yolk sacs look like a halo, where this looks to be a mass and an entirely separate mass entirely. I go back in a few weeks to rescan, but the unknown is driving me crazy. Any Thoughts??

Attachments

• 20180815_213253.jpg
    20180815_213253.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 188
I agree that it doesn't look like a yolk sac, they do usually look like little halo's. I think that you should call and ask your provider to look at your scan closely. If that is a second baby they are in the same sac and you definitely want to be looked at and followed from early on with mo/mo or mo/di twins. Wishing you the best, please update how you get on.

Ooo yes it does look like two babies are yolk sacs are round. How exciting x

Oh goodness. Looks like two to me! I agree on contacting your care provider! Either way. Congrats mama!! Woop woop

I agree with the other ladies, that doesn't look like a baby and a yoke sac to me. Also, when I had a scan at around 7 weeks there wasn't a yoke sac visible. I'd also want further clarification as the wait would kill me too! x

It’s almost impossible to interpret a 2D scan picture accurately when we weren’t there. You’d need to see it in real time as the scan was being performed. Obv the sonographer is a trained professional so if they interpreted it as a yolk sac in real time during the scan then that’s what I’m sure it is and the picture is just a confusing angle.

You could always ring with your query and see what they say x

I'm no expert but I would think that is a twin scan too!
The sonographer showed us our yok sac and it looked nothing like that.
Hope the pic helps! (8+3)

Attachments

• GRANT AIMEE_5.jpg
    GRANT AIMEE_5.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 80
Thank you all for the replies. I guess we will all just have to wait and see since I can not have another scan until Sept 10. I am impatiently waiting until then. I will be sure to update.

:haha:
I am waiting for your scan
I am here dying to have twins, i’m only 4weeks

Unless is was just poor angle of the yolk sac in both my pregnancy's they were very round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->