am I the only one who wont be.....????

hani85

Reaction score
Been reading alot in the ttc forums n watching alot of ttc u tube videos.
and the ladies on there are doing loads of charting n very technical and
loads of abrevasions that I dnt understand, lol such as opk, dpo????
and wondering if am the only one not planning on all of that not that
I even know wat it all means.
The most I plan on doing in knowing my ovulation time but that's
with my app.

I won't be doing any of that, just going to go with it, and roughly know when I ovulate because of my app too! Definitely going for the no stress approach!!

I wont be doing any of that stuff and I'll probably have no idea when I ovulate (I currently don't being on the pill but I don't plan to find out when I do when I come off it). I don't want to stress about it.

I won't be doing any of that, just going to go with it, and roughly know when I ovulate because of my app too! Definitely going for the no stress approach!!

Same here, I won't be doing any of that, just let things happen naturally, and I know roughly when I ovulate as well, I've always been like clockwork

Me too!! I remember before being on the pill I used to get a pain when I ovulated so i'm hoping I still get that!! Other than that I won't be doing anything more sophisticated!! (Unless we get to the year mark with no luck then I might try a few things!)

And if your still wondering opk: ovulation prediction kit, dpo: days post ovulation ;)

that's what I plan on doing too :)

I was going to be like that but I have PCOS and my cycles can be irregular, so I don't know when I ovulate. I was basically forced into using OPKs and charting by my own fear. :haha:

I did all of that for the first month and hated it. Second month I just enjoyed life and my husband, and ended up pregnant. Next one I plan on doing the same!

OPK = ovulation predictor kit
DPO = Days past ovulation

Here is a link to the many abbreviations used on this site! :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

To put it in perspective, try to understand that many of the women over in the TTC forums have been trying to get pregnant for many, many months, some even years, and they have reached a level of desperation where they will try anything to give them even a little bit of a boost.

There are also girls like me. The human body is amazing, and it is genuinely fascinating to me that your body gives you telltale signs when you are fertile that are there if you only know where to look. Hence, taking basal body temperature (BBT) and charting. I am turning 30 next month, and knowing these natural signs that my body gives me will be a tremendous help in guiding my husband and I to get busy at the best times.

No girl wants to needlessly wait months and months to get pregnant. There are some really simple, stress-free things you can do to help your chances. It just tends to look frantic and chaotic on those boards! :flower:

I wasn't going to do all that at first, but since I have PCOS, I figure it'd be a more safe than sorry scenario, y'know? Haha.

I won't be! I will have a rough idea of when I ovulate though. I think I would chart if I wasn't successful after a few months though

I didn't plan on doing any of it but I miscarried my first pregnancy. After not getting pregnant again straight away, I started using OPKs, I got the clearblue fertility monitor (amazing by the way!!) and was constantly monitoring symptoms, my cervical fluid etc.

Using the monitor I found that I actually ovulate earlier than I thought, and earlier than any of my apps were telling me. The first month we used that, I fell pregnant.

I think it all depends on how you get on to start with.

This is what I plan on doing, OH gets stressed rather easily so doesn't need the pressure of seeing me going 'over the top' and charting lol. (He would say Im going over the top, I don't mean that charting is over the top!) Unless we have troubles months into TTC, then we'll just go with the flow.

I wanted to be one of those girls who didn't chart or obsess. Unfortunately after several mths of going with the flow and getting nowhere I began to look into OPK's, charting etc. This was the only way I would have found out I ovulated 8 days later than any of those apps said. It finally resulted in my first pregnancy.

I think in general most women would choose the stress free path but that isn't always how things happen. And getting to know my body the first time around resulted in this pregnancy without even trying.

Best of luck though, hope your laid back approach results in a quick pregnancy 😊 x

I went be doing that stuff but I'd we don't get bfp in the first 4-6 months than I will. On the pill to do no ideas butt I have an app yuk track af and cm. I went be taking my temperature or using any kit though. Hopefully it will be natural and we week just get preg.

The charting and stuff isn't necessarily just because women are trying to get pregnant.. it's also a great form of birth control. We use the pull out, but since reading TCOYF (Taking Charge of Your Fertility) we know there are certain times for OH to safely finish inside me without worrying and now he'll ask me if it's okay.

It's also helpful, because beforehand I had all these worries that I wasn't ovulating and was nervous that my fertility was not great, especially because I had been on the pill for 8 years. Charting has been incredible for me and has also really helped me pass the time proactively in WTT, because I'm learning more about my body (and it's my body, so why shouldn't I?) and I'm more prepared for what it REALLY takes to get pregnant.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->