Am I the only one with a 16 day cycle?!?

lisalove

Reaction score
Hey, the problem I have is that my cycle is incredibly short. All normal ovulation calculators say that my 'fertile days' are actually when I have AF?

Needless to say I am confused.

The only good thing is that I get almost 2 attempts in every month, but not knowing when to baby dance is frustrating.

Well the day before I thought AF was due (Fri 26th), I started with the whizz bangs in my tum. It sounds like world war II happening. Creeking and gurgling not to mention the cramping. So I thought AF was in the post.... it never came!! Yippee I thought, trying not to get too excited.

Since I have had nausea, weird metalic blood like taste in my mouth, dizzyness, hunger, headaches and tiredness. All making me think 'has it happened for us'??

Now I thought that if there was enough hormones to make all that lot happen I must have a :bfp:, but I did one on Mon 29th thinking I am now 3 days late and it was :bfn: :cry: so completely gutted! I can't have imagined all these symptoms... can I??

So I decided to wait until this Friday (3rd Oct) before doing another test.

Has anyone else had such a short cycle that they dont have any idea when to test?? I feel so stupid cos I already have 2 children, and it was not complicated at all with them, just a missed AF and then :bfp:??

I am not in the same postion in terms of cycle length, but didn't want to just read and run. Have you always had short cycles? Even before your LO's? Just wondering as you need a certain length of Luetal Phase (min 10days I believe) to sustain a pg which can cause issues if your cycle is too short, but you probably know all this, it was just a thought to mention it. If your cycles used to be longer I would go to the docs. All the very best of luck...x.

Not an expert at all, but just wondering, does this mean you are over 16days now? so late?
i'm thinking, if late Af, but ovulated say cd 10 for example, you're only 6/7 dpo so a positive wouldn't show up till at lleast 10dpo???
so may get BFP by weekend???
Its just a theory???

Not an expert at all, but just wondering, does this mean you are over 16days now? so late?
i'm thinking, if late Af, but ovulated say cd 10 for example, you're only 6/7 dpo so a positive wouldn't show up till at lleast 10dpo???
so may get BFP by weekend???
Its just a theory???

sorry just re read your post, you said you were 3 days late monday, so 5days late today, ie cd21.

mmm i wonder if you o around mid cycle that would be cd8 for you, you may just get your bfp by fri???
that or maybe your cycle is legnthening???
DR's is best choice really, i'm just guessing
Good Luck Hun!

Thanks for your suggestions. I get all confused with the days. I am defo late, but I also do keep wondering if my cycle lenthening...

I will just be patient, and if by Monday 13th no AF I will book to see the nurse. She was always so helpful when I was being neurotic.

All the best, hope you get some answers soon, or a BFP which would be even better!!! x.

Thanks, it really helps knowing we are all in a similar boat.

Its not good news today. I did a test after tea, my DH is a bad influence. Cos I couldnt eat, he said I needed to go and test again.. got a :BFN:

I know in my heart its too early to test, but you just cant help it when you want it so badly. I think if I had a definite date then it would be easier, I just don't know for sure.

Sorry for the BFN, hope it is just too early to tell. Good luck. x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->