Am I the only one?

Shell N Bump

Love my 3 gorgeous babies
Reaction score
Who has 2 boys that can't get on!!??!!
My boys are 10 & 7 and although they can play nicely together and love eachother dearly they are always arguing and bickering! They have their seperate bedrooms at the minute so I can split them up if they are arguing but we are expecting a little girl so the boys are going to have to share - oh god!
I'm sick of hearing them bicker and I know siblings do (I have 3 sisters) but arrgghhh its so frustrating ](*,)

I grew up in a family of 5 and I don't think any of us got on with each other, ever, growing up. My two brothers darn near killed each other, but now that we're older we all get on for the most part and my two brothers run a business together. Just goes to show that you never know how they'll get on later in life. We all had to share rooms, so I'm sure your boys will survive.

Thanks, I guess me and my sisters get on better now we're older. Just frustrating when all I seem to do is moan at them for bickering

My youngest boys are 10 and 12, and they never stop either. Its everything from 'he looked at me wrong' to actually hitting each other. Last nights was the best, George the 10 year old came downstairs (after they'd both gone to bed) he was really upset. Because....... Harry the 12 year old had whistled outside his bedroom door!!! :dohh:

Drives me insane, but I still love them to bits xxx

My youngest boys are 10 and 12, and they never stop either. Its everything from 'he looked at me wrong' to actually hitting each other. Last nights was the best, George the 10 year old came downstairs (after they'd both gone to bed) he was really upset. Because....... Harry the 12 year old had whistled outside his bedroom door!!! :dohh:

Drives me insane, but I still love them to bits xxx

Haha @ whistled! I love mine to bit too, we do so much together its just their bickering that frustrates me, its constant at the minute and I'm worried that it will get worse when they have to share a room, the little one is always taking things out of his older brothers room and stuff like that - rar xx

I'd love to say it'll be fine and they'll stop, but I'm sure they won't, sorry!

I think to be fair it gets worse as they get older regardless of whether they share a room or not. Ours definitely are getting worse as they're getting older.

DH reminded me of some friends of ours. Their children were very much like ours, bickering etc. One day one was moaning about the other, because........his brothers shadow was on his shadow!!!!

Good luck xxx

My brother and I went through this horrible stage where we would just fight and argue all the time... I know it drove my mom nuts!!! She finally threatened to take us to counseling if we didn't stop! lol. I think that scared us straight at the time... but not sure for how long? I was prob like 13 or 14 at the time and my brother was 11 or 12?

I think it's just something most siblings probably go through no matter what the gender... I would for sure give some punishment if it continues. Maybe take some things away- although that could cause more arguments between them! lol. Sometimes when we punish our kids we punish ourselves as well!

TBH- this is partially why I'm glad our oldest is just about to turn 14... so there is such a huge age gap that by the time this one is really old enough to "argue" the big sis will be about out of the house! lol. Funny, cause when I was a kid I was so glad I didn't have a sister... but now, I wish I had! lol. Not that I would give my brother back- lol- but such a sweet bond sisters (or brothers) can have as they get older!

Hope it's just a stage that passes soon!!! Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->