Am I wrong for being irritated?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
My step-sister just found out yesterday that she is pregnant, which is cool and I'm happy for her and letting her have her moment. (we aren't announcing our pregnancy until 12 weeks, so a few more weeks now) I worry about her, a lot.. she has this boyfriend who is always leaving her and is younger than her and very, very young minded. They both only care about partying. She thinks she is like 8 weeks but she has no idea. I asked her if she had a period last month and she said yes, lol.. I just left that alone :wink wink: I don't want to be a know it all and not trying to ruin her moment! However, what kills me is that just this past weekend her Facebook posts were about how drunk she was, how hungover she was, plus multiple pictures of her holding and drinking beer after beer. She doesn't seem to be concerned about this at all and of coarse isn't going to drink anymore, but I am worried about it! ALSO she is one of those people that posts their WHOLE LIFE on Facebook. For example, in the last 48 hours since she has found out that she is pregnant every single post has been "I'm so nauseas" "My body aches" "None of my clothes fit" "I want to go home from work" blah blah blah. People that post to Facebook every 2 minutes drive me absolutely insane. Announce your pregnancy, that's fine! but then don't go on and complain about it.. In my opinion if you want to complain, complain to your boyfriend. She isn't a skinny girl, but by no means is fat and she has always (the last few years) had a beer belly. Today she posted a picture of her "belly" on Facebook. GRRRRRR lol I'm trying not to complain, but she is just so annoying on Facebook lol. I am also really easily irritated this week! Oh and then my other step-sister (her real sister) commented on one of her statuses and said, "Yay, now I can have a niece or nephew that actually likes me." This comment really pissed me off because my daughter doesn't even know who she is and that's not my problem. She lives at my dad's house and I am at my dad's every Sunday because we have "family night" and she chooses to not be there. Plus, she's kind of scary lol.. she just expects my daughter to like her and know who she is but she doesn't ever try to play with her or interact with her at all other than "hi Kinley" Then my step sister (who's pregnant) commented on it and said, "Don't worry, I'll actually bring the baby around a lot" WHAT A SLAP IN THE FACE!

I feel like I'm making myself sound like a complete B word.. but I just had to vent lol..

Am I wrong for being irritated?

I don't think you're being overly crazy or anything!
You're allowed to be concerned about whats going on, and at the same time a bit annoyed at it all.
Family issues are extra sensitive! Just *try* not to worry about the remarks if you aren't super close to them anyway. You don't need to defend yourself at ALL. I would just brush it off. I know, easier said than done.
Hope things lighten up for you <3

NOPE! Believe me dear, I have been where you are! I had the misfortune of getting pregnant in 2011 a month after my husbands sister did. The family didn't know we had a couple months of trying under our belt, so it always looked like I got pregnant because she did. She was one of those facebook kind, told everyone immediately and had no problem going on and on and on on facebook. We are distanced from his family because, well, they are douches. So there were a few "oh at least youll see my kid" comments made. And his sister was a total partier despite having a PT son. Dont even get me started on how she choose to dress ( and still does despite being well over weight ). You will be irritated MANY MANY times in the next 8-9 months. Karma will get her believe me, it happened to my sister in law who is a vain as they come. Her daughter was born with a HUGE birth mark down the middle of her face and it bothered her something fierce. I know thats mean, but with the way some people can act a bit of Karma goes a long way. Im pregnant with my third now and we have no plans to include his family, sometimes family isnt help their toxic and unnecessarily needed during pregnancy. Try not to focus on what shes doing wrong, or not as great as she should be and focus on your pregnancy. That toxicity isnt healthy or necessary xox
Good luck and congrats

Thank you ladies for assuring me I'm not crazy! lol I'm thinking about blocking her posts on Facebook so I can't see them so that I can't get irritated:thumb up: ... some people's priorities are just different I guess? I'm just going to keep my mouth shut :) I know she will probably have things to say in 3 weeks when I announce my pregnancy, but I don't care :haha:

Rayeanne- I remember you from the TTC boards! So good to see you in the first trimester! Congrats! :happydance:

Rayeanne- I remember you from the TTC boards! So good to see you in the first trimester! Congrats! :happydance:

Yes! Thank you!!! :cloud9:
you too! Looks like we are pretty close too! I'm due April 25th!

oh my, tough one, try to egnore. its so hard when we see younger/less mature people getting pregnant.

good luck, i wish i had something more wise to say.

Vent away Hun!!!!

Of course you have a right to be annoyed, concerned and frustrated!!!!

I just opened up my Facebook due to boredom at work.. Lol.. And her picture was the most recent thing and I read the 40 comments on the picture and everybody thinks she's like at least 4 or 5 months because of he "baby bump" she's gonna be disappointed when she goes to the doctor and finds out that she is only maybe 2 months. She is thinking that she is further along because of how big her belly is. I tried to explain to her that it's bloat but I gave up lol. Oh well:p she has a doctor appointment set for oct 1st (which is when I planned on announcing. My pregnancy!) lol

Definitely put your settings on "ignore" so she's not blowing up your feed. You already know she's going to aggravate you, so do yourself the favor of removing yourself from all that noise as much as you can.

Beyond that- stay focused on you. Don't be tempted to make comparisons or to waste any of your precious time evaluating anything that she's doing.

Make sure that your announcement is what you want it to be! Make it special for you and your family. I say this to myself a lot- always conduct yourself in a way that you can be proud of, no matter what anyone else is doing.

You can't pick your family. Family can really suck sometimes! Congrats- hang in there! :)

Thanks! I'm not even sure what I want to do for my announcement yet.. I keep going back and forth with my ideas and hubby is no help

I agree with just blocking her posts from your wall. FB doesn't tell people when you do that and it will probably help your stress level a bit! I don't blame you for getting miffed, I can't stand "those" people either.

I feel that you have every right to be worried, and irritated! And those comments....wow. Isn't it lovely the things people are willing to post on FB? I JUST NOW had to talk to my good friend to vent about my own SIL who I've already deleted from my life and from my contacts and FB (she had told me to get an abortion and it led to a huge fight) anyhow...I just found her commenting purposely on anything I comment or like from the posts in the family. The things she was writing had NOTHING to do with the original posts and were directed straight to me. I didn't respond...I BLOCKED her. I just can't handle this level of insanity anymore. By all means, if you can't get away with blocking her, just set her posts as ignore and don't bother reading anything. They aren't worth it!

Hahahaha she went and got an ultrasound today and she is only 6 weeks! So when she was posting her baby bump and complaining non stop she was only 4 weeks! It does mak me feel better about her drinking though because maybe the baby hadnr even implanted at that time

Reality is going to hit her.. HARD. She needs to get educated. I hope that baby is ok! Hopefully they both grow up before the baby gets here... the baby deserves good parents!

I don't blame you for being annoyed.

I don't mean to carry this post on, BUT, today my sister had her first OB appointment.. Just the regular blood work etc, and the nurse told her that she is likely 11w6d today, I'm 12w today! That gives us the same dang due date! But she had an ultrasound like almost 2 weeks ago and they said she was likely 6 weeks and all that was seen was a yolk sack. I know ultrasounds can be a week or two off, but that's quite a bit! I'm guessing this nurse was just going off whatever dates she gave her though. She goes back for an ultrasound on Friday to confirm her due date.. So we will see lol

Wow what a piece of work!!i am so glad she found out she was only six weeks.how funny.i seriously doubt she has jumped ahead that much from the scan I thought they went off scan not bloods anyway.i like the updates keep me coming.lol

Oh man,hopefully the dates from the first US was right and you can have some space from her! Lol. I think its hilarious about her " bump" pictures at 4 wks.

Hey hun - if her dates and ultrasound are that far off each other she might be having a MMC - so tread carefully...

Not saying she's right in anything she's done but if she's about to take a fall I wouldn't want to be letting all this stuff get to me. She's young and immature and might be about to learn a difficult lesson. I hope I'm wrong! xx

xx

mcwhmm do not worry, you are allowed to vent and be irritated. I would be too. And the snide, snotty remarks they are making proves your point, that she is immature. At least you have announced your pregnancy and the world now knows you expecting too :). Like what everyone said: Un-follow her on Facebook for now, you do not need the extra drama in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->