Am i wrong for thinking this is a reasonable price?

Melts

Reaction score
I am selling a whole bunch of baby clothes on craigslist. I am offering $60 dollars for two 20 gallon containers full of baby clothes, or 30 dollars for a 20 gallon container full of baby girl clothes and 30 for a 20 gallon container full of baby boy clothes.
They are used so some of the clothes have tiny stains here and there, but most of the clothes are in good condition.
So is this price reasonable or no?

I am just asking because someone just contacted me about them and first of all she wanted me to drive an hour to her house to give them to her. I was like ok because i really need to sell these and my car is really good on gas so i was sort of ok with that. Then she asked me if the clothes had any stains to which i replied some of them have little stand here and there but most of them don't.
Then she says to me "I don't want no clothes with stains on."

Well what did she expect they are used. Plus 20 gallons of baby clothes (for the most part not stained) for 30 dollars, sounds to me like a pretty reasonable deal.
What do you think?

I think thats more than reasonable hun. Personally I would accept all the clothes and then just put the stained ones on when doing messy play to avoid other clothes getting wrecked.

I think that was a hreat deal for her especially as she was getting them delivered for free!!!

Some people are snooty about preloved things - they want to benefit from the great price but they don't want the downsides of things having been used before. Totally daft!

i wish i lived near you so i can have all of them :) i think shes being unreasonable

defo more than reasonable. Personally i would be buying them all and then binning the ones that didnt suit me! - thats half the fun of buying second hand and its by far cheaper!

Tell her you will fish any of the stained clothing out and she can have the rest at the original price if she doesnt want to look through them herself!

Sounds like a great deal to me. You have to remember that on Craigslist you get some people that just want everything to be perfect condition and at next to nothing cost.

The price is definitely reasonable and you did explain they were used so she should have expected it. However, on the other hand, I do understand that most parents wouldn't want someone else's baby stain on their baby clothes, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->