Am I wrong to be annoyed?

HorseCrazy91

Reaction score
OH had a 12 hour shift at work yesterday so he needed two meals. I made him up a big portion of leftovers to take with for lunch and he had some money on him to buy his tea. Now between us we had £14 left to our name until we got our next lot of money in. I took £4 so that I could get the bus to MILs to drop off & pick up Abby after doing my work. He had the remaining £10 but no need to spend all of that on one meal (his staff meals at work are £2.95). Nevertheless he did and I can't help but see it as selfish. He knows we are tight on money but it just didn't cross his mind; he says I should have told him to only spend £5. If it were me, I would have spent as little as possible to make that money last. He is now moaning that he has to take lunch with him again today as we have no spare money.

He is also whinging that he is exhausted as he only had 7 hours sleep last night :growlmad: I was up with Abby every 2 hours last night so I'm lucky if I got 4 hours in total!

Sorry for the rant. I'm probably being completely irrational but can't help how I'm feeling.

I can understand you.7 hours sleep omg I wish I had 7h sleep!why he won't make a sandwich to take with him to work? If as you said it was your last money I can see that as selfish too so don't feel bad for feeling that.

my OH also works 12 hour shifts 2 days 2 nights, food is a big problem! On his days he has breakfast here, he takes lunch with him, snacks, drinks and coffee in his cup, I have his dinner on the table as he walks through the door. Yet he still feels the need to go buy fecking coffees, soups and sandwiches. Because he is hungry!

On a night shift he has dinner here, and takes breakfast, bread for toast, snacks, drinks and then will go halves on a take away with the others. :dohh:

A couple of weeks ago we had £10 in the "spending" account and he took it out with out a second thought that maybe me and Oliver would need it.

I honestly think it is just men and they don't think!

I work 12 hour shifts and I usually take a sandwich. I have no idea how you can spend £10 on lunch especially when money is tight.

£10 is one hell of a lunch!! plus leftovers! That was just a little greedy. I hope ho got heartburn lol!!

Bloody hell, what did he get for £10!! My OH used to do this..but he doesnt now...................I do admit I am quite bad for it :-/.......its not usually the lunch, its extras like getting drinks in stead of just having water.

Your not being irrational at all he sounds like a selfish tw@t. And 7 hours sleep?! That would be nice!!

I'd be pissed off too. OH constantly brings home sandwiches and crisps and crap there was no need to buy on his way home from work, when he knows tea will be ready when he gets back or shortly after. It drives me insane, especially when he then moans that we don't have enough money for something. Yeah well stop buying sh*t from the shop!!! He doesn't even have to pay for his lunch at work because he works as a baker in a factory and they are allowed to eat whatever they want (but aren't allowed to take it home) so he scoffs down pasties at work all day too.

I do agree that £10 is a hell of a lunch. I mean I don't know anywhere round her that it would take a tenner to buy lunch, even a proper meal (meaning not just a sandwich or something) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->