Amazing free website

OmarsMum

Reaction score
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/

Loads of ideas & it's free. I love it!

That's brilliant. I will have closer look later. Thank you xx

Why not just give our children books to look at?

The best way to ruin the fun of reading for kids is to start them too young and drill them on phonics. I think this site sends a bad message:nope:

This is a great website and I say that as someone who really limits how much screen time Tom has!

Thanks, I'll have a proper look tomorrow.

The best way to ruin the fun of reading for kids is to start them too young and drill them on phonics. I think this site sends a bad message:nope:

Phonics are taught from 3+ everywhere :shrug:

This website is for 3 + not for younger toddlers, I dont think you checked it properly, it has very good tips on how to teach phonics & math without doing boring exercises, it's all about teaching through play, & older toddlers need to start learning at some point :flower:

Just to clarify, it has few ebooks (20 books I guess) , but it's not aimed at children, it's a website for teachers & parents with tips & activities categorized by age groups

The link was sent to us by Omar's school.

Phonics are taught from 3+ everywhere :shrug:

This website is for 3 + not for younger toddlers, I dont think you checked it properly, it has very good tips on how to teach phonics & math without doing boring exercises, it's all about teaching through play, & older toddlers need to start learning at some point :flower:

Just to clarify, it has few ebooks (20 books I guess) , but it's not aimed at children, it's a website for teachers & parents with tips & activities categorized by age groups

The link was sent to us by Omar's school.
I appreciate that some people will find it a good resource, but teaching reading and phonics actually starts a lot later in lots of places. Here it starts when the child starts school, at 6/7. In the UK it's 5.

There is even research by education experts that suggests starting children reading before the age of 7 is counter-productive.

It's part of a wider discussion about target-driven education, where league tables are more important than individual development, with homework being set far too much, far too young and children being given no time for actual play. Maybe more appropriate for News & Debates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->