Amazon pricing

harveygirl

Reaction score
Is there any pattern to the changing of the prices? Do they just randomly put prices up and down? Do they put prices up when products are sold/have lots of views? Just curious really. I have a load of items in my wishlist and can't decide on when is the best time to buy!

Look up the items on camelcamelcamel, it will give you the pricing history of a product so you can decide what price is good to buy at:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Thanks for that, never knew there was such a website. That is really handy !

My brother works in IT and he seems to think that Amazon have a very clever and complex system that weighs up several different things when changing prices including stockholding/space in their warehouse, profit and cash flow, price matches across the market, supply and demand etc.... Which is why it is impossible to forecast price changes!
Camelcamelcamel does give the history which is good and can setup a price alert where it will notify you as soon as an Amazon price drops which s brilliant!!

I love Amazon but they do annoy me with their prices, they go up and down all the time and sometimes increase them by quite a bit

I have noticed that a few things in my wish list dropped really low but then they had added high postage where as before it was free so the price is no different lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->