Amber Necklace

K

kirsten1985

People who use these, do you ALWAYS have people asking about them?

Freya has hers on all the time, and has done for about 3/4 weeks now, I have had soooo many people ask why I put jewellery on her and I have to explain what it is for, usually to be met with a sceptical look and the assumption that it is there to be chewed on, lol.

People just seem to think I am nuts and obviously if there was something out there that helped with teething they would already know about it!

I must say, I know they ask out of curiosity and everything and I would prob do the same, but it is beginning to annoy me a bit. Maybe I am just easily annoyed!!

Anyone else?

i am so sick of having to justif myself !!! my dad keeps going on about how dangerous it is and i shouldnt have it on her etc etc!

i have had a few old women talking quietly(well not that quietly as i could hear em!) about that poor baby and how they are just a fashion accessory to girls these days :hissy: Ffs i am trying to help my baby get through a painful time without pumping her full of drugs !!!

i also get annoyed by everyone judging my choices as a parent

Yep, get this alllllll the time! People look at me like I'm nuts :lol:

sorry to hijack but who was it who had the lovely milky coloured rounded bead ATN??? i am looking for a new one for the Bug and these ones look soooo sweet!! also - does anyone leave them on overnight?? i jad all intentions of doing it a few weeks ago but i chickened out of doing it !!!

leyla has hers on all the time even overnight and no one has ever said anything :shrug:

she has two bracelets on aswell and no one says anything about those either, apart from how cute they are

maybe ive been lucky but if anyone did say anything to me they would get a shock!!

x

I've actually never been asked :lol: Hannah's is usually under her clothing (closer to the body and so she won't eat it ;)) so it can be hard to see. It might also help that she generally doesn't let people very close to her :rofl:

I get asked ALL the time....most people are actually amazed and very interested in them. I've got a few "your totally nuts" looks though lol

sorry to hijack but who was it who had the lovely milky coloured rounded bead ATN??? i am looking for a new one for the Bug and these ones look soooo sweet!! also - does anyone leave them on overnight?? i jad all intentions of doing it a few weeks ago but i chickened out of doing it !!!

I have this one Sara https://bums-n-roses.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_39&products_id=116

And I leave it on overnight, I didn't use to but have done for 3 weeks now, and it is fine.

Yeah Freya's is always under clothes, it gets noticed at the back of her neck though, at swimming, and when she is not wearing much.

I too am fed up of having to justify myself!

Yep people ask all the time. I've not had any negative comments though so that's good. Mostly people just say he looks trendy!

I'm going to be ordering one soon, and I can already picture the talk I'm going to generate. People already think I'm nuts when they see me cloth diapering or carrying her.
Like, "Won't she let you put her down?" :shrug:

I just try to remain neutral, informative, and diplomatic in response to the questions. If that doesn't appease or they have more "advice" for me, I smile sweetly and walk away before I say something stupid. Lol.

Yep people ask all the time. I've not had any negative comments though so that's good. Mostly people just say he looks trendy!

Honestly, I thought that too when I first starting seeing the pictures of all these babies on BNB wearing necklaces. I just thought you guys were being fashionable. :dohh:

I quickly figured it out without having to ask and now I'm going to get some for my little girl. Wish I would have known about it with my first!

ok ladies i have been brave and left hers on her tonight but i have put the top popper of her sleep suit thru it for a bit of reassurance for me really!!!!!

sara

xxxxxx

I want to hear how she sleeps! I get bothered by jewelery and have to remove it all before I sleep, and I just wondered how a baby might tolerate it. Keep us posted!

will do hun :) thats if i dojnt chicken out n take it off when i go up to bed :)

I hadn't thought that people would bother about it. I'll defintely be getting Leyla one for when she's teething, I really hope the MIL doesn't start. She's already annoyed me a lot with little comments - we were readmitted to hospital the day after Leyla came home because she was dehydrated and the first thing she said to my OH was "Well she should have been formula-fed from the start". Thankfully I wasn't there! She won't listen to me when I said that babies are supposed to sleep in the same room as you for 6 months and she also can't seem to understand why I prefer to take Leyla to work with me rather than pay her to babysit! And I won't even go into her nagging us to cut off Leyla's beautiful hair. If she starts on the amber necklace I may just crack and say something I shouldn't! Oops, sorry, this has turned into a MIL rant.

Do you often find that people question your decisions about 'natural' parenting? I haven't heard much, only a midwife commenting (nicely) about Leyla's fancy nappy, but nothing else.

we went to the doctors last night with dh and ern and while the doc was looking at ern she noticed his necklace and commented on it,so i told her what it was and what it was for-and she did seem genuinely interested and surprised-dh said after she probably thought what a load of old rubbish.......and i said yeah either that or shell google it!!:haha:

ern has had his on since it arrived and its never bothered him,and its perfectly safe at night-i dont think hes even noticed it! i understand the fashion comments tho because i think he looks a right cool dude in it:thumbup:

Erm... SO erm.... would it be offensive if I asked what an amber necklace is for? :blush: I know it's for teething but I had assumed it was to chew on. :blush:

Erm... SO erm.... would it be offensive if I asked what an amber necklace is for? :blush: I know it's for teething but I had assumed it was to chew on. :blush:

No, they are made of Baltic Amber, which has natural pain relieving oils in. When the necklace is warmed by the skin the oils are released and help with the pain of teething!

They are really good. :)

No, they are made of Baltic Amber, which has natural pain relieving oils in. When the necklace is warmed by the skin the oils are released and help with the pain of teething!

They are really good. :)

OOOOOOOH!!!!! How exciting! Boogalu's definitely getting one of them!!! :mrgreen:

I've actually realised HOW MUCH of a hippy I actually REALLY honestly am during this pregnancy. I thought it was all a facade, but no, I'm a real one. (although I don't have long hair and do prefer to shower every day :haha:)

hehe!

Sorry I had presumed they were to chew on as well! I was talking to OH about it and he thought it would be dangerous in case the beads came off! I'd better look into it a bit more, because it sounds great and I thought I would get one but I clearly don't know enough about it at all :blush: i think they look cute too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->