Ambree, Ambre, Ambrey, Ambry

mommy2be412

Reaction score
I want something unique but not weird and I like the name Amber and I like the name Bree, so I came up with Ambree but not sure how to spell it. I want it to be pronounced Am-bree. I know that's one of the spellings I have listed but which one do you like the best? I like it with the y but I don't want people pronouncing it Am-ray.

I like the simple (but unique) Ambry best, but Ambrey is a close second. I'm not a big fan of names ending with double "ee" because I don't think it transitions into adulthood well.

It's a really pretty name, though!!

Edit: After looking at them again, definitely Ambry if you want it pronounces Am-bree. Ambrey would get more Am-bray's. No chance of that with Ambry, IMO. And it looks so nice!

Ambry. I think Ambrey would be pronounced as Ambray

Just realised that you don't want it pronounced Am-bray, which Ambrey would. So im agreeing with the ladies that Ambry looks lovely :). I love the y ones xx

When is see it spelt Ambry....I want to pronounce it Am-Bry (like cry or dry).

Most definitely Ambry - that's a gorgeous name!!

(Is it bad I think it goes well with my son's name? :haha:)

I like Ambrey, I wouldnt pronounce it "bray"

Xx

I think Ambrey or Ambree would be perfect!
I don't see how these could be mis-pronounced seeing as Audrey/Aubree are always pronounced with "eee" at the end

Ambry I would say Am-BrI (as is cry, as pp said)
Ambre looks like Om-Bray to me. (like the hair style ombre')

How funny! I would never think to pronounce Ambry as am-brI (like cry). I liken it to Embry.

Ambry....beautiful name, I go by Amby and nobody ever pronounces it Am-Bye or anything like that, they know it's Am-Bee if that makes sense lol. So yeah, thought this was kinda similiar to my name, that also ends in y. I would stick with the y spellings, don't care for Ambre, reminds me of Andre kinda. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->