Amby nest update...

LizyT

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope you are all well. I'm Lizy, I have only just joined this forum...

I've been reading your threads (January) regarding the recall of the Amby Nest. We purchased one only this weekend from a recommendation on netmums' website - but last night I came across the tragic stories from the US and then Googled to what we thought here in the UK... which has led me to this site.

I have found your threads very helpful but wondered if anyone has an update now that we are in March - are you still using the Amby Nest or have most popped it aside. I read that some aren't balanced correctly - are some of the Nest faulty would you say?

Many thanks,
Lizy
Report Post Reply With Quote

hi hun i think you mite get more posts in a different part of the forum x

I think you'll get more replies in the natural parenting section. You might request a mod to move the thread?
However, I still plan on using mine. I have some potentially controversial opinions about recalls in the US, simply it's a lawsuit happy country and more things get recalled there than elsewhere. After reading statements by the founder of the company and circumstances involved in the accidents (I linked in the previous thread) I am not any more worried about safety than I would be if I was using any other type of baby bed.

If you read the statement made by the Amby founder about the circumstances surrounding the tragedies, then I think that should put your mind at rest about the "safety concerns". In both cases, the Amby nests were set up totally incorrectly, and the babies placed in them the wrong way. Just like with any piece of equipment you use for your baby, if you fail to follow the instructions and basic safety advice, then you have the potential for harm to occur.

I suppose there is always the potential for something to become faulty, especially if people buy 2nd hand. I think Amby released some kind of kit in the USA to minimise the movement on one plane (I forget which), but to me it seemed like a PR move to try and make people feel more comfortable after the accusations about the Amby being dangerous - the whole "just in case" idea.

We've been using our nest from the day we brought our baby home, she was 2 days old. We absolutely love it, and so does she! Never had any problems with it; it certainly doesn't appear "unbalanced". It's easy to adjust (if you read the instructions which are available online). Our little girl is very happy in her Amby, we have no intentions of changing her to a cot anytime soon. She'll be in it for as long as we're happy that it's the best option for her.

If you've got any specific questions about using an Amby, feel free to ask :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->