AMH and IVF Protocols

Pollydoodle

Reaction score
Hi all
I had my AMH tested in May of this year, the result was 30pcmol per litre which on the basis of the scale used by that clinic, was 'optimal fertility' (within the 28.6 to 48.5 range). I then decided to use a different clinic moving forward, and the consultant that I saw said that I would be classed as a high responder and would be put on the short protocol.
We are now hoping to start IVF in Jan or Feb and the new clinic said that they would have to re-test the AMH. I just got the result back yesterday, and it was 17.9 pcmol per litre. I was initially panicking that it had dropped massively but it seems that my new clinic uses a different reference range, and I fall within their 'normal' range (5 to 19.9).
I have my consents appointment tomorrow and I am now wondering if they will put me on the long protocol - this might all be in my head but I feel like I would prefer the short protocol as it seems it would be less drugs, less of a drawn out process etc.
Just wondering if anyone had opted for the short protocol voluntarily or whether anyone else has seen this type of AMH variation between clinics? I'm finding it hard to get my head round what these latest results mean.
Thanks
Px

Hey Polly- I too have a normal AMH. I decided to go in for a shot protocol. Got 23 follies, 18 eggs, 15 embies. The cycle ended in a BFN sadly. From what I understand both protocols are equally successful but are chosen keeping in mind the fertility problem. I read somewhere that short protocol is not recommended for PCOD as the follies are exposed to some amount of LH in short protocol which is not great for egg quality. You can discuss with your RE what the best way would be. Short protocol is definitely easier on the body as there are a lot less injections and it gets over faster.

All the best

Many thanks for your response, just don't want to be pressurised into the long protocol at my consents apppointment tomorrow (haven't seen the doctor again since my new AMH test and its a nurse we see tomorrow). Will see what they say. Sorry to hear about your BFN - we'll all get there in the end hopefully!
Sx

Your second results seem to be the same range as my clinic use. I'm 5, so in the normal range. I'm just waiting on a letter from the Consultant about protocol, so I'll post back on this thread once I get the letter in about a weeks time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->