Aminotic band...

wanna_baby

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had my 20 weeks scan a few days ago and the doc's office called and said there is an amniotic band at the top of my uterus away from the baby....

Of course I made the mistake of googling and horror stories come up... I also found a few threads here that some women had it and everything turned out ok..

Anyone else going through this now or know of anyone who had it??

I don't have any experience with this but just wanted to say I'm sorry that must be so worrying! Googling is never a good thing but you already know that! It seems like the fact that it is away from the baby is a good thing. I would call and talk to your doctor or midwife about it. Maybe it's something that can go away on it's own?

No experience but when I read ur post I quickly googled too as never heard of it before,I couldn’t find anything too worrisome when they say it’s away from the baby but all the same I know if it was me I’d be completely freaking out too.hopefully they will be giving u lots of scans to keep an eye on things now and it may go away on its own xx

Thank you ladies for the response.. just praying for the best as that’s all I can do at this point..

Oh it’s so worrying I hope everything turns out ok. I agree though it’s positive that it’s away from baby. Will you get more scans?

Just an update on this thread for anyone who may be going through this in the future, the amniotic band turned out to be nothing.. I had my perfect baby girl 2 weeks ago. By week 32, they couldn’t even see the band but I was still a little worried until I saw her with not even a scratch when she was born...

Congratulations! So lovely of you to come back and update as well!

I know how it is when someone even years later goes through the same thing and comes across this thread without an update because I went through it. Gluck with your pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->