Amitritpyline & TTC

weebubba

Reaction score
I have recently been prescribed 10mg Amitriptyline to take daily for pain (fibromyalgia). We have been TTC for over 2 years at present and this was blighted by my partner being put on Fluoxetine last year.

Anyway, what I'd really like to know is if anyone else is in or has been in a similar situation with a positive outcome? I know the odds are against us conceiving at the moment but he is hoping to be free of his meds by summertime so hoping we can get pregnant by the end of the year all being well.

Thanks for reading and good luck to you all.

I was previously taking Lyrica, Ultram (Tramadol), and elavil (amitryptiline - or however it's spelled) for my fibromyalgia. I have been able to come off all but the elavil. My OB said to stay on it till I get my BFP. I am taking 50 mg but I think I am going to ween off soon because my body doesn't like quitting "cold turkey". It took me 3 months to be completely off Lyrica and not having withdrawals.
My rhumetologist and OB are open to having a benefit v. risk discussion if I can't tolerate being med free.

I've read that getting pregnant can make the symptoms disappear during pregnancy and also read pregnancy can aggravate it. What have you been told regarding this?

I guess I didn't really answer your question. But know you aren't alone. Fx'ed this is the cycle for a BFP for us!! :)

Not discussed it with my doc as waiting to go back 're medication, only been taking it a month. I'm reluctant to take any meds anyway but pain is starting to get the better of me!

I suffered with my second pregnancy but was fine with my last. I suppose my biggest concern is getting a little older (I'm nearing 38 so this concerning me).

Best wishes and hope you're BFP comes sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->