amy winehouse found dead

It's so sad, what a tragic waste of a young life. I can't say I'm surprised, but that doesn't make it any less sad. Poor girl :(

I too am disgusted that jokes are already circulating and have already got rid of a few people from Facebook because of it.

It's easy to say 'it's her fault' but until you've been there, had those addictions and those mental health troubles you don't know how hard it is to pull yourself away from that.

Poor poor girl.

If its true that she died of a drink and drugs overdose then I have no sympathy for her.

How can you say that, i think it is very sad that she felt she had no other choice but to take a drink and drug overdose! So I have the biggest sympathy for her. Famous not famouse, money or no money still a person

I've more sympathy for the 91 innocent norwegians who were murdered yesterday, many of whom still had their whole lives in front of them and no chance of showing others their talents and dreams.

don't doubt she was talented and died too young but she has had numerous occasions to take help and accept it, she chose not to and has sadly suffered the consiquences. (I have seen the devastation first hand that substance abuse causes) part of me also wonders if that if was any other Junkie people would be less forthcoming in their sympathies and condolences towered the deceased.

Such sad news, RIP Amy.

Alcohol/drug addiction is a really tough thing to beat. My dad was taken by alcoholism and I don't blame him, he just took a wrong road in life and couldn't find his way back.

My condolences go to her family - they never asked for this to happen and as new or prospective parents I'm sure we here at B&B can imagine the horror of seeing addiction kill our child in front of our eyes.

Although we pretty much all saw it coming at some point i feel it's still shocking. I do have sympathy for her and especially for her family. She's someones daughter, someones friend, and she's dead - which i find terribly sad for them and for her.

Self induced? Almost 100% likely and that makes me angry... but that doesn't stop my sympathy personally. I know through my own experience that once drugs and drink get a hold of you it can be extremely difficult to pull yourself out from. I did it, but would i have managed if i had access to lots of money and people around me willing to support my habit? I'm not so sure.

She was a very talented but very troubled young woman - which sometimes is forgotten i think. I hope she has peace now and i wish her family and true friends find the strength to cope with their loss.

When there is nearly 100 innocent lives lost in Norway, I have very little thought on it. My thoughts are with those people who have been taken away and their families.

I don't really have a lot of sympathy for her tbh, I feel desperately desperately sorry for her dad, but not for her. Sorry if that sounds cold but she knew what she was doing. I don't know why people are making her out to be such a legend. of course it's sad when anyone dies but like I said... the 100 lives taken in Norway kind of overshadows it for me.

I've more sympathy for the 91 innocent norwegians who were murdered yesterday, many of whom still had their whole lives in front of them and no chance of showing others their talents and dreams.

don't doubt she was talented and died too young but she has had numerous occasions to take help and accept it, she chose not to and has sadly suffered the consiquences. (I have seen the devastation first hand that substance abuse causes) part of me also wonders if that if was any other Junkie people would be less forthcoming in their sympathies and condolences towered the deceased.

totaly agree

I'm going to just say that it does make me a little sad that Amy Winehouse's death has over-shadowed what happened in Norway. But, just because Amy's death was under different circumstances doesn't make it any less tragic. There were young lives lost in Norway, and another YOUNG life lost today here in the UK. Either way it shouldn't be debated who deserves more sympathy we should be thinking of all those who have lost their lives this week and keeping them, their families and everyone affected in our thoughts and prayers.

totaly agree

have to agree with this too im afraid! x

My opinion doesn't change just because someone dies. People make their own choices. She was a crap role model, she was given help numerous times and did nothing to better herself. Now she's dead.

I also have to wonder if some of you would have the same opinion if it were your child? Or Mother, sister, brother etc. ?

I also have to wonder if some of you would have the same opinion if it were your child? Or Mother, sister, brother etc. ?

I agree, either way, a life was lost. Death is always a tragedy, regardless of the circumstances.

Thats why I said I felt sorry for her dad. It's sad she died but I don't have 'sympathy' for her. I know mental illness and drug addiction I've seen both first hand, I know what it's like. She was in a very fortunate position where not only could she have afforded to sort herself out, she was actually in the position of having others (her dad, friends, record company) paying for it, she refused rehab on a number of occasions. She knew what could happen and she refused help.

I just feel like she had every opportunity, Ive known people who haven't had that and pulled themselves out so why couldn't she have.

I have every sympathy for her family & friends though, especially, as I said, her mum & dad. No one should ever have to bury their child.

i still have sympathy for her, bc there is always a reason for drug addiction. and sometimes we do not know the kind of pain that person has been thru. so I wont be saying she dug her own grave, i will be sad, another life is gone from this earth. bc all life lost is sad!! at least in my eyes.

Regardless of all the mistakes she made throughout her life, she was someones child.

If she were my child, I'd be devastated to see people saying they had no sympathy for her.

I also feel awful about her poor father, he was on a flight to New York when she died and is still on the plane now. He was still unaware of her death when the media reported it :nope:

Sad but then it had to happen sooner or later,she wasnt doing herself any favours taking drink and drugs.

my dad is a raving alcoholic and if it was between him dying and someone who wasnt poisioning themselves id choose him anyday as hes the one killing himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->