An idea

T

turbo_mom

So ive just been thinking about preemie babies and how hard it is to find clothes for them. I've started getting into sewing and my mom sews alot too and i'm thinking I would love to start an organization for people to sew, knit, crochet and even donate used preemie clothing for babies in the hospital and for moms who don't have any clothes for when the baby comes home. The hospitals always need blankets of various sizes and lots of sleepers.
I know from experience how hard it is to find preemie clothes at stores so I think it would be wonderful to have something like this in our city. There's nothing like it. There are moms and grandmas who donate to the hopital but there's nothing that sends moms home with items they need.
So what do u all think? I feel so happy thinking about it :cloud9:

I think that is a wonderful Idea hun! Wish I knew how to sew.....:blush:

im no good at sewing or much else, but i have some clothes im happy to donate which have been made for Kabey, some bought, some knitted some sewn, im happy to help where i can, and i am involved in a blanket making place too, my aunt owns it :)

I think that is a wonderul heart felt idea hun

Good luck if you get the time to do this if it be soon or in near future

x

i think where im living im lucky cause where they sell normal size baby clothes they also sell preemie clothes...but i know the hospitals were in demand of them when i had my preemie son...

I think its a great idea, because even though Noah isnt wearing clothes yet I know when he does, even the preemie clothes will be HUGE on him. The preemie clothes are more for babys that are 5 lbs, when most babys in NICU wearing clothes are barely 3 lbs. I dont know how to sew though :(

hunny you do it! it is a fantastic idea and it would be so rewarding too helping out all those parents with preemies.

you can do anything you put your heart to!

I started knitting last pregnancy and wasnt that good so gave up :-( but if I get time to learn again when im on materity leave I'd love to make some preemie clothes and would happily send them over.

good luck and keep us updated xxx

my nan and her mate do that for the local hospital for premmie babies, my nan gets the wool and her mate knites them.

its a great idea hun.

That is a fantastic idea. I'm only good at crotcheting blankets.
There was a fantastic lady that lived near me who made lots of prem baby clothes for my daughter, we knew we were having another prem and she was amazing. It's so difficult to get premmy clothes that actually fit. I remember buying lots of items from mothercare when Georgia was born, they were way too big for her.
I think it's a fantastic idea if you can get a little sewing club together or something. It's a very worthwhile hobby. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->