Anatomically correct dolls - harmful or harmless?

We had Sindys and Action Men. Action Man of course had a full on package albeit behind those pesky blue plastic briefs! I begged for a Barbie and Ken (peer pressure) and despite not being able to afford it (we were not wealthy) my parents eventually got me one of each. Peaches and Cream Barbie and Crystal Ken. I was so unimpressed with them once I had them. Especially Crystal Ken's sparkly socks! Went back to having Sindy and Action Man get it on.

:cloud9: aww I loved the peaches and cream barbie, they have started selling this one as as special edition in Toys R Us :) I wanted to get it just for LO, though have to wait for another 5 years lol.
Also had twirly curls Barbie :) I loved that doll. Had skipper and ken too.
Does ken still have a large packet down there?? :blush:

My doll was a boy and it had a penis. Nothing wrong with it all all. :) xx

Ken? Large packet? It was never anything to Action Man.

What is the general consensus on adult dolls like Barbie and Ken being anatomically correct? Is it different to baby dolls? I'm on the fence...?

:rofl:

Sorry but I actually thought that's what the original post meant. :blush:

Baby dolls having parts aint so bad. :blush:

LOL sorry I thought we were just talking about baby dolls :dohh:

We had Sindys and Action Men. Action Man of course had a full on package albeit behind those pesky blue plastic briefs! I begged for a Barbie and Ken (peer pressure) and despite not being able to afford it (we were not wealthy) my parents eventually got me one of each. Peaches and Cream Barbie and Crystal Ken. I was so unimpressed with them once I had them. Especially Crystal Ken's sparkly socks! Went back to having Sindy and Action Man get it on.

:cloud9: aww I loved the peaches and cream barbie, they have started selling this one as as special edition in Toys R Us :) I wanted to get it just for LO, though have to wait for another 5 years lol.

OT but OMG I forgot about skipper lol me and my sis had loads of barbies and kens, what was the teen man one called?

:rofl: at your OH! Byron thinks he has a baby in his tummy because we do.

Good on you pinklizzy!

My 4 yrs old cousin tried to BF his baby brother :haha:

My children all used to pretend to BF their dolls :haha:

They had anatomically correct dolls too ... I mean I had 2 girls and a boy and right from when they were tiny their constant playmates were my best friend's sons so they already KNEW that boys and girls were different :shrug: Plastic dolls without gender would have confused the hell out of them - like there was some kind of 'no sex' mutation :rofl:

This has just reminded me of the daughter of a friend of mine ... when she was about 3 her mum (who only had girls) started to childmind a baby boy. the first time she changed his nappy her daughter pointed in astonishment - "what's that Mummy?". My friend went into an age appropriate explanation of penises and vaginas, which her daughter sat and listened to patiently. Once she had finished she asked her daughter if there was anything else she wanted to know, or didn't understand... to be answered in that patronising tone that only an exasperated 3 year old can manage "I KNOW all that Mummy - but what's that ?" - pointing to the disposable nappy (my friend only used cloth) :rofl: :rofl:

Oh ... and back in the early/mid 70's me and my friends used to make our Barbies' boyfriends (be they ken or action man) anatomically correct using plasticine :rofl: How else were they supposed to have babies??? And they say children are overly sexually aware these days - we must have only been about 7 or 8 LOL

:rofl: at the little girl and the plastecine! :rofl: Aye, innocence indeed!

"I thought about anatommically correct ones as I'd quite like Byron to be aware that girls are different."

He will find out girls are different soon enough. Why push the issue?

OT but OMG I forgot about skipper lol me and my sis had loads of barbies and kens, what was the teen man one called?

I think he was called Allan, his gf was Midge and Skipper was Barbies little sister I think? :winkwink:

You say nudity isn't sexual. Of course it is. Our bodies are made specifically for reproduction. We cover them for a reason. Since you pride yourself on being so progressive, why not go join a nudist colony?

You say nudity isn't sexual. Of course it is. Our bodies are made specifically for reproduction. We cover them for a reason. Since you pride yourself on being so progressive, why not go join a nudist colony?

:shock: Is this aimed at me? Nudity isn't sexual, sex is! Bodies are just bodies, it's what we do with them during intercourse that makes them sexual (being the very definition of sexual). We don't procreate by being naked and our naked bodies have a great many functions other than sex. We cover them to keep warm. How do you know I'm not in a nudist colony? :winkwink:

Not pushing it, just an easy way to demonstrate a difference without really needing explanation. After all Byron sees that mummies and daddies are different and that he and his daddy are similar so it just fills the gap.

(Edited as I totally misattributed a quote then! Sorry.)

i had dolls that had penis' and vaginas
and i had ones with none ... i don't think it
really matters to be honest, children are aware
girls and boys have different bits from quite a
young age and if emily wants a doll that has
genitals, i'd be happy to buy it for her :thumbup:

and i agree, nudity isn't sexual!

i'm nude around my house most of the time
i don't see how being naked is sexual ...

it's your body afterall and nudity is totally
natural, using you body parts to have sex
is sexual and i've never exposed my child
to that side of having genitals, she's seen both
of us wee and she knows her bum is also for
weeing and pooing, nothing more, so how can
that be a bad thing?

you don't HAVE to use your body for anything
sexual that's not the only reason you have it, your body is
designed to keep you alive, if you don't want to
have sex or children, than that's up to the person
everyone does different things with their bodies but i
personally don't look at them in a sexual way :shrug:

:shock: Is this aimed at me? Nudity isn't sexual, sex is! Bodies are just bodies, it's what we do with them during intercourse that makes them sexual (being the very definition of sexual). We don't procreate by being naked and our naked bodies have a great many functions other than sex. We cover them to keep warm. How do you know I'm not in a nudist colony? :winkwink:

Not pushing it, just an easy way to demonstrate a difference without really needing explanation. After all Byron sees that mummies and daddies are different and that he and his daddy are similar so it just fills the gap.

(Edited as I totally misattributed a quote then! Sorry.)

Yes it was aimed at you! But we have to be naked to procreate, and no we don't cover up just be warm. We cover up the specific areas even when we are warm enough... ie men cover only their genitals in bathing suits and women cover their breasts and genitals. Nudity IS associated with sex no matter how much you would like to think differently about it. Why else would men get erect at the sight of a naked womans body? I just don't see the point of pushing the issue that men and women are different anatomically to a child. He will find out soon enough yano? And before he is too old to even understand is too soon IMO

Like I said I'm not pushing anything. I wouldn't be ripping the pants off the doll and thrusting it's plastic parts in his face with vigorous words about physical differences, it's just there if he wants to see. I don't think making a doll pink makes it a girl, I think it having something resembling female parts makes it a girl.

We don't have to be naked to procreate, only the requisite parts to. We really do cover up to be warm, note people wear far less in warmer climes. We wear underwear to protect clothes from messes from bodily fluids and because to keep warm the core should be covered. It's not to doubly hide our naughty sexy bits. Men don't get erections at ANY naked woman (or man if they're gay), besides which they will get erections by the wind changing! lol It's not the nudity, it's how attractive they think the person is and the thoughts of a promise.

That we are socially conditioned to think nudity is all about sex is pretty much the whole point of my starting this thread. There are many countries (yes, modern western ones) where nudity is thought of without batting an eyelid. He's never too young to understand that bodies are different and to be celebrated as such. We take pride in our LOs learning the names of their body parts and being able to identify them so why make one part taboo? It's totally irrational. Why would I want to perpetuate this ridiculous notion that bodies are all about sex? Children are never too young to be set good examples and taught how to be open and broad minded.

9 times out of 10

i have sex with half my clothes still on

it's too cold to be fully naked :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back