anatomy scan scheduled, and nervous

wheelz23

Reaction score
I have just set up my anatomy scan. It's April 18th, and I am already knots-in-stomach nervous. Any other mama's freak out? What all are they going to check? What is the likelihood something is wrong?
Praying so much for a happy/healthy peanut. I know it's a girl (private scan) just so focused on the organs and being healthy!

Mine is tomorrow.. With my son I was SO SO excited for it, with this one im a nervous wreck :/ ...I had nuchal translucency ultrasound which was perfect and I had the blood tests testing for down syndrome etc and that was all great but im so so terrified for tomorrow. It is a wonderful scan though, I do remember that. Good luck!

I freak out every single time. My OH is all giddy and, "We'll find out the sex!" but I'm always driving myself nuts with all the what if's. I don't sleep well for weeks before, and I struggle to keep my mind off of it. That being said, it's common to have to redo it or to have to go back for a "stronger" ultrasound because the heart is sometimes hard to see, and they need to be double checked. I had to go in more than once with 4 of my 5 pregnancies, and we had to go to the hospital for a "better ultrasound with my nephew, daughter, and my current pregnancy. I haven't gone to my second anatomy scan yet for this one, but the others are perfectly healthy kids, and I'm not worried at all. :) It's gonna be just fine. I guess it's harder to thinkof all the "fun" things when you already know the sex. haha. Well, more adorable pictures of your future baby???? :)

They'll check everything they can basically. They look at the heart and that the blood is flowing around it correctly. The look at all the bones, the spine, the bladder, the stomach, the head size, the brain, fingers & toes! It's so cool to see it all on the screen I thought! Oh and they look at the placenta and cord and that the amniotic fluid is normal.

I was very nervous but also excited to see baby again! It's impossible to say a likelihood of anything being wrong, mostly down to genetics and chance unfortunately. But at the same time, it's more likely all will be absoloutely fine than not! Enjoy your scan :)!

Thanks ladies! I hope all is well. I love her so much already. I sadly struggle with anxiety so badly, that I find myself holding back from getting super attached, which is so stupid. I should appreciate every single day of pregnancy and let whatever happens happen, however I SUCK at that, and always want to be a control freak and do whatever I can.

Anxiety is so much fun.

Pregnancy must be very hard with anxiety. I don't suffer from it but pregnancy is a naturally anxious time! I've found it quite exhausting to feel all these nerves about one thing or another at various stages of pregnancy!

Of course you become very attached to this little human you are growing and it's so weird not really knowing what is going on in there! Hang on in there and try take small positives from each day to keep you going! I felt reassured after my anatomy scan, hopefully you will too!

Hugs. I had such bad anxiety leading up to my nt scan and 16w. I would have these crazy nightmares. I started to feel anxious the closer I got to my anatomy scan, but just kept taking deep breaths and telling myself everything was going to be ok.

I wasn't happy with my tech, but they check everything. She swung through the legs though I knew it was a boy already. Tried to get his profile. Took pictures of his organs. Spent a lot of time trying to get his heart and various structures in the heart. Measured heartbeat but didn't let me listen r_r. She measured his head and femur and some other bits and pieces. I requested my medical report from my gyn because the b* wouldn't tell me what she was doing. So I have all the data now lol

It's a lengthier scan. I have to go back because baby did not cooperate. I say definitely have someone go with you. SO went with me to mine. My mom is going to my follow up. It is nice to see your baby after such a long time though.

It is so hard! It's like you're constantly waiting for the rug to be pulled from up under you. At my private scan, the lady pointed out the heart, the umbilical cord, the placenta, and the heartbeat. She pointed out that the femur was measuring a couple days short (totally freaked me out) but because she said that, I feel like she would've said something if the heart looked like it was missing a chamber or something major. She didn't mention the brain at all. I just am praying the baby is okay! I don't know how some mothers go through this time and time again, and for the ones with multiple losses, I would be totally destroyed. I am really bad at being pregnant! haha. I bled like five weeks out of the first trimester, so anxiety was soo so bad then. This is my little fighter child! So I'm going to need her to be healthy, and be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->