And so I return to Baby and Bump....

Hays

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

A little bit of background info.. I used to live on this forum years and years ago when I was TTC with my ex husband.. I never conceived, I then met my husband now and we tried for 3years before undergoing IUI, and a successful IVF. We now have a 4yr old :)

We'd like to try naturally for our 2nd and this is the 2nd month actively trying even though I have been off the pill for over a year and a half.

I have absolutely no idea if we can even conceive naturally but the consultants said we were unexplained and there's no reason why it cant happen.

So here I am again, over thinking crap each month which I said I wouldn't do again.

:hi:

Can anyone shed any light on my weird cycles!

I've always been 28 days and then it moved to around 26/27days for ages which is fine. Then last cycle I had a bleed CD17 which was a full on horrible period, so that started another cycle and now this cycle since CD18 I've had brown spotting accompanied with twinges and pains and I'm a bit sore thrush like down below (sorry TMI) Why oh why has my cycle starting messing around when its always been fine? I've never bled mid cycle before or spotted, the spotting usually comes a few days before AF.
I keep wondering if my hormones are up shit creek maybe?

Welcome back!
Wacky cycles seem to happen to so many women when they start TTC! Have you had any changes in lifestyle? Weight loss or gain?

Hey! Thanks for replying.

No drastic changes to anything it’s just so typical that when we start trying my cycles start being weird! In theory I have another 8 days until AF is due but I’ve got mild period pains, the spotting has stopped for now so who knows?

Hi Hays, I think you might have had an anovulatory cycle. I had a couple short 17 day anovulatory cycles while TTC. They happen time to time, but can be more common in women with subfertility (like myself). We were also unexplained, which always drove me nuts. We did conceive spontaneously without intervention, so it can happen.

Welcome back to BnB!!!!
Good luck on TTC!!!

:dust:

Hi Hays, I think you might have had an anovulatory cycle. I had a couple short 17 day anovulatory cycles while TTC. They happen time to time, but can be more common in women with subfertility (like myself). We were also unexplained, which always drove me nuts. We did conceive spontaneously without intervention, so it can happen.

When I went to the doctor about it he mentioned that and said keep an eye if it happens regularly. What can they do for that?

I’ve had twinges and dull aches all day and they feel the same as ovulation pains! Blurgh I hate my body

If you frequently have anovulatory cycles you will be prescribed a medication to induce ovulation. Either clomid or femara (also called letrozole)

If you frequently have anovulatory cycles you will be prescribed a medication to induce ovulation. Either clomid or femara (also called letrozole)
Ahh clomid yes! I tracked my ovulation this cycle and I got a smiley on the digital to say I was about to ovulate so I assume I did but don’t understand what’s going on now?

A positive OPK doesn't always mean your body actually will ovulate it just means your body is trying to ovulate. Sometimes spotting occurs at the time of ovulation. Nothing to do but wait and see for now

I think if AF arrives abnormally early again for me I’ll go back to the doctors- thanks for your help x

See attached my cycle this month... it’s doing my head in! I’ve been cramping for over a week and I’m not due for another two days.

Cramps are teal colour
Spotting is red
BD is green
Positive ovulation is cd12 in blue

Why have I been spotting so early then it stops and then yest a tiny bit of blood and now nothing :(

A1F61DEC-7291-4A94-8067-C9126696C915.png

I don't have any answers for you hun and I really wish I did :(.

Low progesterone or a cyst can result in spotting in the leuteal phase.

AF is still not hear even though I've had PMS symptoms for 9 days now :( my stomach is hugely bloated, my boobs are killing me and I just want it to hurry up and arrive and then piss off again!

I went to the docs to discuss my cycle again and he said last months when I got my AF cd17 may have been an early miscarriage. He said I need to come in for cd21 bloods to check if I ovulate this cycle, I’ve had this done before when we were trying with madam. But he’s confused me as he said to call up when my period finishes and then he will work out 21 days and I come in. I thought before I went in on cd21 which would mean he could book me in for that now as I know when cd1 was??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->