Andrew - born at 29 weeks!

Happy Birthday!! How adorable, thanks for sharing.

Happy Birthday Andrew!!

Where is the time going???

We had a visit from the Speech Therapist today. (This was from a "speech" perspective, having been referred by the "feeding" therapist)

And she did nothing. She listened to him, commented on the fact that his cries/noises are multi-tonal. She had no recommendations, no suggestions for exercises. And she advised that she was discharging him into the care of the Teacher(s) for the deaf - and wouldn't become involved for around another two years

WTF???

I wasn't here (Daddy handled the appointment). On the one hand, it's nice to know that this won't turn into another raft of appointments for Andrew; and she obviously doesn't have any concerns; but surely she'd want to see him every six months or so just to see how he's progressing?

Hmmm it does sound strange......maybe she feels that in another two years you will be in a better place to assess the level of hearing loss Andrew has, and that would determine whether his speech issues would be dealt with by the speech therapist or the deaf teacher......although that doesn't really make sense either because as you said, what harm would it do to catch up with Andrew every 6 months?!

If it makes you feel any better, I have not really found our speech therepy appointments to be of much help. It's not that he's not good at his job, it's just that most of what he suggests is pretty much common sense and we are already doing it! I don't mind going along to the appointments though as he is incredibly dishy (ssshhhhh don't tell Millie's daddy)!!! :blush:

I want your Speech Therapist :D

I just realised (comparing our sigs) that Andrew's adjusted age is just 2 days older than Millie - no wonder they're so evenly matched :kiss:

Oh yes, I had never noticed that either.......he is not her toyboy afterall!!

Movicol doesn't half work ...

Andrew was switched over from Lactulose to Movicol by the Community Paediatrician last Friday. He had one sachet on Saturday morning. He pooped for England during Saturday (new nappy every daylight hour), but was grumpy with belly ache. Didn't give him any on Sunday as we were travelling and I didn't want him to be in discomfort. Decided to give it a rest today too, just to see whether things were getting back to normal ... He's been pooping for England again today, goodness alone knows where he's been storing it all :rofl: He went to bed an hour ago, and I put him in a clean nappy. I've just been up and he's gone again, and this time put his hands in and smeared it all over his belly - cue an emergency bath :rofl: But the difference today is that he hasn't been straining to go, in fact there's been no sign at all of him going except the smell.

Thing is, we've got three months' worth of the stuff ...

Glad you have had some poo action, hope it all settles down soon. xx

Managed to get some more feedback from the Speech Therapist today (via A's care co-ordinator, who is also his lovely special needs support lady).

Apparently the therapist said that she wasn't really needed because A's speech is broadly in line with his development. If he were more developed but still not speaking, then she'd work with us to try and advance his speech so that it catches up.

So that's okay then. He's 6m behind in terms of development, and 6m behind in terms of speech too. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Is it worth just trying half a sachets of movicol a day?

Is it worth just trying half a sachets of movicol a day?
I think that's what we'll have to do, as he's beginning to "dry up" again now. Are the sachets easy to "halve", do you know?

No idea, F is on 2 sachets and an adult dose of senna each day! :haha: I can't imagine it would be too difficult though.

Bumped (as it's an IUGR story)

Lottie, we have ended up on one sachet of Movicol every three days, that seems to be keeping him regular and painfree.

Big Boy Time - tonight, Andrew will be sleeping in his toddler bed for the first time. Or on the floor, wherever he ends up! Will take a photo tomorrow.

Good luck tonight!!!! Clever boy!!! I still couldn't chance it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->