Andrew James born Feb. 23, 2010 ~Very Long~

TeenMommy18

Mother of 1 baby boy
Reaction score
My name is Nikki and I'm 18. My son's father Kyle and me have been together since Sept. 29, 2006. My son's original due date was Feb. 24 but it got moved back to Feb. 26. I was excited about his due date because it would be close to my birthday which is Feb. 22.

Anyways, I began experenicng braxton hicks about a week before he was suppose to be due. My doctor had been watching my pregnancy closely because I am a first time mom. On Feb 15 I was told i was 1cm dialated. I went back on Feb 19 because my blood pressure had been high on the 15th. I was still 1cm dialated. So my doctor decideds she is going to put me in the hospital on Feb 21 to induce labor.

I arrived to the hospital on Feb 21 @ 8pm to begin my induction. A nurse put a Cervidil in me. (It is a small rectangular pouch with a retrieval cord that looks similar to a tampon. Cervidil is used to "ripen" the cervix.) I also had my I.V. put in my hand. I was then told to rest up because my baby would be here the next day. My mom stayed with me that night so my boyfriend(and the baby's dad) could go home and rest up for the big day.

I didn't sleep for more than 2hours that night because I couldn't get comtrable. Everytime i moved a certain way the monitor for the baby heart would become detached. I was extrememly tired on Feb 22. The Cervidil was removed early on this day. It hurt when they pulled it out because a side effect is that it can make u very raw. The nurse checked me and I was only dialated to 1.5cm.

My loving bf arrived early that day to await for the doctor with me. The doctor was suppose to check on me early but she never showed up :(. She instead called up to check on me. They started giving me pictoin early that day in hopes of getting me dialate faster. I was having very sharp back contractions that made me break down in tears. All day I layed in bed feeling horrible and upset.

At around 7pm that night I told the nurse the pain was getting unbearable. So she checked me and i was between 2cm dialated. I was feeling very weak at this point since I had not been allowed to eat after 8pm on Feb 21. So the nurse called my doctor and told her i was very weak. The docotr gave me two options. I could stay on the pictoin and not eat or get taken on be allowed to eat but I would have to have another Cervidil in me. I wa starving but I didnt want another Cervidil since i was already very raw. I was allowed to walk around to see if I could get dialated more. If I could get to 2.5cm I was told I wouldnot have to have another Cervidil. I walked around with my boyfriend. When they checked me I had dialate to 2.5cm, but they decided to put a Cervidil in me anyways!!!! I was in tears over that :(.

However, my boyfriend and me discussed it and I decided I needed to eat or I wouldnt have enough strengh to push when the time came. So, another Cervidil was put in me and I ate. I felt better aftre getting to eat. So I tried to rest. But I didnt get much sleep again b/c I was so uncomtrable in the bed. My loving boyfriend stayed up with me the whole time I was awake. He felt so bad for me.

The next morning, Feb 23, 2010 the Cervidil was removed early. I had to keep my self from screaming because I was very raw at this point. I had dialted to 3cm. And the pictoin was started up again. My doctor came and checked me out at 9am that morning and she told me she would break my water later if I didnt progress more.

My nurse that day had me get on a birthing ball and roll around. I felt dumb rolling around and it wasnt helping me. So around 12:30 I was checked and only 3cm dialate, but my docotr allowed me to get my epidural. I felt like I was on cloud nine:cloud9: when I got it:happydance:. I could no longer feel my contractions so I began to doze. I was woke up with a nurse putting a oxygen mask on my face.

The nurse check me and though she felt the cord around my son's neck so she called the docot and had her check. The docotr thought she felt it to. My son's hearybeat started dropping and stay at a low level so they decided to take me down to the operating room to break my water incase something would go wrong. While down there my son's heart beat still wouldn't go up so they feared the cord really was around his neck.

They decided to give me an emergency c-section. My boyfriend was not allowed to saty int the room because they didnt want him to freak out if something went wrong. The doctors began performing the c-section and my son was born @ 1:24pm on Feb 23, 2010. The cord was not wrapped around his neck. He came out screaming and healthy:thumbup:. The doctors thought he just didnt like the medicine I was given to speed up my labor. Andrew James was born weghing 8pounds 1ounce and was 22in long. :baby:

Update: Me and my boyfriend are calling our son Drew for short:thumbup:. He is doing great. He looks alot like my boyfriend Kyle but he looks a little like me too :). We love our son so much. Me and Kyle r doing great being new parents and r discussing getting married in a couple of years. My incision from my c-section is almost invisible and the tape is completel off of it :thumbup:. I feel great and am trying to get the rest of the baby weight off.

Attachments

• 100_5368.jpg
    100_5368.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 11
Congratulations! Drew is gorgeous! Shame you ended up having a section but it sounds like it was defo the best option to be safe and that you are healing well!xxx

thank you very much :). your baby is adorable too. yea I was happy they did the c-section because I was getting really scared and I was in so much pain.

I had a similar experience except the cord was round Poppys neck and they decided on forceps instead of a section which ended in a 3rd degree tear and an episiotomy! She is so worth it tho! Congratulations again!xxxx

oww that sounds painful. I'm sorry you had to experience that kind of pain. I agree they are worth the pain :) oh and thank you again

Congratulations! That doesn't sound like a fun way to spend your birthday! But Drew is gorgeous, you must be so proud! xx

Thank you :). Yea I'm very happy and proud of him. Also, I defintely didn't imagine spending my eighteen birthday in pain but it was worth it in the end. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->