angelcare monitors?

Chel

Reaction score
Does anybody had an angelcare movement and sound monitor? how have you found it works for you?

As we had a bit of an issue with Jasper stopping breathing and after getting the all clear from the pediatrician we had to give back his sleep apnea monitor to the hospital.

Because I was over tired yesterday I think I massively overreacted when Jasper was in a deep sleep and while I couldn't see him breathing and he didn't wake immediately, I dont think it was anything more than me going crazy.

So, I went out and bought a monitor, its a Tommee Tippee brand monitor, as it was the cheapest option. Now since having for nearly a day I've discovered if I forget to switch it off when I pick him up it takes up to 4 minutes to alarm!!! If he stops breathing for 4 minutes he'll be gone before we know anything has happened.

I"m going to take it back and exchange it for a better one. Has anybody tested an angelcare monitor to see how accurately it alarms, as 20 seconds is as long as you want to wait when you've only got 60 seconds from when the baby stops breathing to start CPR.

It gives a single beep after 5 or 10 seconds as a "reminder" for you to turn it off, then goes off at 20 seconds.
I love and still use mine. Have recommended it to others as well. We never had problems with Colton, I was just nervous because he coslept for the first 3-4months, and I worried constantly when he went into his own bed. Although, he still isn't completely sleeping in his own bed, it makes me alot less nervous when he does.

*Edit: Although I would like to mention, if you are constantly walking around it or have a fan going it doesn't work. It's very sensitive to these things. I was once running a fan and found it never went off after I picked Colton up. So, just something to keep in mind!

I have a Tommee Tippee too and I had some issues with false alarms going off or the alarm not going off like you. I just sent it back 2 weeks ago to the Tommee Tippee company and had a new one within a week. I haven't had any problems with this one and the alarm goes off after 20 seconds now. I was on holiday so didn't need it for the week I didn't have one, so I don't know if this would be a problem for you.

I bought the Tommee although I think they upgraded it shortly after and you couldn't stop the beeping - Sent it back and changed for the angelcare. Love it and still to this day use it.

4 minutes is LONG though :|

I have the angelcare and i'd def recommend it honey x

i have the angel care monitor, i would recommend it, i dont think i could sleep at night without it, i think ill still have it under her bed when shes 16 ;)

I have the angelcare and it is bloody great imho! We have a super thick mattress that Amelia sleeps on and everytime i forgot to turn it off it alarms. We haven't had any problems with it and i would recommend it to everyone!

BTW they have them in asda for around £60-70 i think, the cheapest i have seen so far.

Defo worth the money for peace of mind.

i have the angel care monitor, i would recommend it, i dont think i could sleep at night without it, i think ill still have it under her bed when shes 16 ;)

thats an awesome idea if you were also worried about her sneaking out at night when she's 16!

Also, we are taking it back today for an exchange, the angelcare is the best brand, i should have just paid the extra in the first place because we need real peace of mind, not something that mightn't alarm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->