Angry red hair rant...

My brothers little boy his ginger he is brown but has a ginger beard and half a ginger moustach (the other half is white lol) and my child will probably be ginger to as i have a small patch of ginger hair that appears only in the summer.

anyway my mom n dad love the fact he is ginger he is sooooo cute! and they brought him this for xmas

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dirty-Fing...f=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1321641930&sr=1-1

My daughter is ginger and only ever has nice comments about her hair, it's beautiful!

My oh is fair and I have dark hair, we are hoping for another ginger baby this time.

I've certainly been in the prescence of people who don't know my daughter and have made ginger jokes. They have been very embarrassed when I've told them that my beautiful daughter has lovely ginger hair

Xx

I actually wanted to be a ginger as a teen lol. Ginger men are hard to find haha maybe i should move overseas haha not that hair color matters lol. I just find them sexy.

my dh is gingerish.... by that i mean he has dark hair but when his beard grows its completly ginger - he also has larger than normal front teeth... now this dosnt bother me in the slightest and i love him to pieces because he is the most affectionate and loving person i have ever met and yet i get comments from people about how im going to end up with 3 children with buck teeth and ginger hair.. Dosnt help that his parents despice me and ( already having weight issues due to a thyroid problem) have said on numerous occasions how the kids are going to come out with obesity issues.... isnt the world a lovely place????

At the end of the day though i couldnt care less.. i love these little 3 so much already that i couldnt imagine them being anything but perfect to me ... everyone else... can do one

:) x

I bloody love ginger hair :D My Grandpa and Uncle were/are both gingers and I sometimes have daydreams about a little redheaded girl... soo cute.

This whole ginger hair thing is so weird - back home where I come from the only time red hair is mentioned is when it's on women and then everyone comments on how lovely it is, no one ever says anything when a guy has red hair. Then I moved here and got wind of the 'ginger hate' and I don't understand it at all! Seriously, what is the problem with it? I am baffled as to why it's such a big thing in the UK (or is it just England? I don't know).

I was convinced that I was having a ginger baby, my husband is ORANGE, like you've-been-tangoed orange. She got my hair though and it's dirty blonde. I am now convinced this baby is going to be ginger. :haha: who cares what ppl think? honestly! :shrug:

I like red hair. I don't get the whole "ginger" thing. Red hair is beautiful.

Thank you all so much - I feel soooo much better for reading all your responses - and you are of course all absolutely right.. red hair is gorgeous!

i'm always shocked by how socially acceptable it seems to be to be sooo rude about ginger hair! I just dont get it!

Lol I'm Irish and my OH is South African. When he first told his family about me the first question they asked was If I was ginger :lol: He told them no, and just because I'm Irish doesn't mean I'm ginger.
My sister, uncle and a few of my cousins are ginger so its in the family. If our baby is ginger it won't bother me at all but I'm sure there'll be some comments about it.

Reading this has actually made me really quite pissed off on your behalf! How dare ANYONE make rude comments about the love of your life and/or your unborn precious little baby! I'd say something like "Yeah, and you know how your OH is butt ugly, there's a good chance your baby will inherit that too!" Actually i wouldn't say that, a) because that's going down to their level of insulting babies! and b) i'm too much of a wimp. I'm sure it'd shut 'em up though. They need a good slap! :hugs: xxx

Haha, brilliant! :rofl:

My friend's LO is ginger and when he was born she actually had people say things like "oh, never mind, it might change when he gets older!" :growlmad:
Some people are just a-holes, makes me so angry.

That's terrible!! I LOOOOOOVE ginger hair and 1) wish I had it, 2) always wanted to marry a ginger, and 3) hope and pray our baby somehow has it!! It's the most beautiful colour of hair there is!!

My OH has wavy waist length ginger hair and I'll be so happy if our baby has hair just like his :) especially if its a girl x
P.S I hope she gets his nose too:blush:

Hi there,

I am strawberry blonde and my husband has auburn hair. I have been told ginger colouring is recessive, meaning that you need to inherit the gene from both parents to be ginger - so if you only get one from one parent, your hair won't be ginger. People can therefore carry the gene without having close ginger family members. If their partner also carries it - you can get a random red haired kid.

Either way, I am pretty sure our Easter baby is going to be ginger...ginger and beautiful!:thumbup:

I tend to agred ladies! I have had red hair since the day I was born, and wouldn't change it for anything - people remember me and I'm always getting comments about what a lovely shade it is. I asked a hairdresser to dye it once (I was bored) and she refused!! I've got the odd few highlights now (again, got bored of never changing my hair colour), but I asked for really sparse ones and I'm definately still ginger! My husband calls me "ginge" constantly (always has, it's his nickname for me) - people ask why I'm not offended, but HELLO he is only stating the obvious!! I love being a bit different and standing out in a crowd. I've never been bullied for it (don't think anyone would dare) and I just know this little one will be a ginge like mummy - OH's twin is ginger (he's dark) and half his family are too, along with mine.

Love my red hair, and if anyone dared to suggest otherwise I'd poke them in the eye. As PPs have said, no one would dare say "oooh, have you thought that your baby will be black??" - how is it different??

Are you in the UK? Red hair is not really a big deal in the US. Sure, they call tthem carrot top and such but no one really mind having a red hair child. My husband is redheaded but I'm disappointed that my chance of having red headed children is low because NONE of my family have red hair. I love them and think they are beautiful anyway.

My gorjus princess has auburn hair and me nd oh have brown hair nd i swear i have a celebrity on my hands cause in the 2 1/2 years she has been on this planet i have never, not once, been out with her nd not got stopped at least once by someone sayin how gorjus she is nd how amazin she is, even my mum has noticed how much attention she gets as she looks after while i work, if anyone said that to me id tell them when to go its so rude ignore nd enjoy ur gorjus baby wheb he or she arrives xxx

y
That's awful, Ruby! Some people are so insensitive. They think it's all in good fun...but it can be extremely hurtful, especially to a child.

By the way... I don't really understand the ginger hate. Is this a fairly new fad from the past decade? My sister is ginger, and I don't remember this from when
we were young. (I'm 36). People always thought her hair was gorgeous. They just assumed she had a fiery temper -- which happens to be true in her particular case. ;) But that's a whole different story. :haha:

Stereotype of ginger have been going on for years, there have been books that painted redhead as firy temper, hyper, mischevious, or magical. I don't get the temper part because they are no difference than someone who is blond or brown. maybe their temper and personality is magnified by other people because of their red hair.

I read mostly from fantasy books.

Oh my!! I can't believe how rude some people can be! I personally LOOOVE red hair and all my life wished I had red hair..its just so gorgeous! I have dark hair and so does my husband but one of his brothers has red hair and I secretly hope that my baby takes after him in hair color..
don't listen to anyone..people always have some kind of judgmental thoughts or comments about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->