Angry red hair rant...

let me tell you this.....i am black and i know it is imposible even if my oh is blond and blue eyed........but i wish i could have babies with red/ginger hair color. i think it is so beautiful. i wish you could have met me and my friends and family they would all tell you that i always wished to have babies with red/ginger hair color. so be proud if your baby gets giner/red color. these ppl that are telling you nasty stuff are either jelous or not educated. it is beautiful to be unique.......that is what we all are. good luck hun and stay strong if not for you at least for your baby so they will learn from you that unique is beautiful. :)

I am praying my son has red hair! so tell those immature asshole to FUCK OFF.
I swear, my language sometimes is horrible :shrugg: but people like that piss me off!

It must be a british thing or something but here in the US being a ginger is not frowned upon at all. In fact, if my daughter were to have red hair I would just LOVE it! I think it's the prettiest hair color ever and I have been known to dye my hair a reddish shade before.

It must be a british thing or something but here in the US being a ginger is not frowned upon at all. In fact, if my daughter were to have red hair I would just LOVE it! I think it's the prettiest hair color ever and I have been known to dye my hair a reddish shade before.
while I've seen articles about the treatments of ginger in UK, U.S. can be just as bad. I have over five friends who are ginger (the redder their hair, the worst they get made fun of) but most of them, people say their hair is beautiful.

worst case, My FIL (told by my MIL) would not hire someone who is ginger. He stereotype them as anyone about temper and yet his own son is ginger. My aunt hates ginger(she too think they have bad temper). she stop saying stuff like that since I married my husband.

My aunt dyes her hair red. I think red hair is beautiful. I don't know many people with red hair at all, it seems like most people have brown hair or blonde hair. I think it is nice seeing some of each! The people that say that stuff are stupid and you should ignore them!

while I've seen articles about the treatments of ginger in UK, U.S. can be just as bad. I have over five friends who are ginger (the redder their hair, the worst they get made fun of) but most of them, people say their hair is beautiful.

worst case, My FIL (told by my MIL) would not hire someone who is ginger. He stereotype them as anyone about temper and yet his own son is ginger. My aunt hates ginger(she too think they have bad temper). she stop saying stuff like that since I married my husband.

Wow that is just plain wrong!

I like ginger hair, there are some gorgeous red heads out there!!! :) Not everybody will like ginger hair, not everyone will like brown hair or black hair or blonde hair. Not everyone is the same. I think it's unfair to make fun of people who are ginger, especially children!

Be proud if your little one has ginger hair! I think it's cute :D

XxX

yeah, my FIL had a bad experience with one of his employee and decided never again. yet plenty of blond and brown have just as bad temper and he keep on hiring them. his own son does not have a temper at all. He does love his son and check on him and all but he is just weird about this.

I'm honestly so surprised every time I read these threads about red hair. Maybe it's a UK thing? When my son was first born, his hair was a dark blond with what I thought might be a hint of red, and I was so excited because I think it's just adorable. I was so sad when that hair all fell out and it grew back light blond. There's nothing sweeter than a red-haired baby!

my dh is gingerish.... by that i mean he has dark hair but when his beard grows its completly ginger - he also has larger than normal front teeth... now this dosnt bother me in the slightest and i love him to pieces because he is the most affectionate and loving person i have ever met and yet i get comments from people about how im going to end up with 3 children with buck teeth and ginger hair.. Dosnt help that his parents despice me and ( already having weight issues due to a thyroid problem) have said on numerous occasions how the kids are going to come out with obesity issues.... isnt the world a lovely place????

At the end of the day though i couldnt care less.. i love these little 3 so much already that i couldnt imagine them being anything but perfect to me ... everyone else... can do one

:) x

LOL my OH is blonde but he grows a ginger beard! (I call him "Redbeard"). 5 of his 10 siblings have red hair so I'm really hoping our LO will have red hair!

OP: I think people are honestly just JEALOUS and they make fun of gingers because of it! People need to grow up and just complement them on their unique and beautiful genes.

It's funny I found this because just the other night I had a dream my son came out a red head! I high-fived my mother in law and said "yes! congratulations to avoiding extinction" lol! I think I said that because it turns out that because red hair is a recessive trait, some people think over the years it will be an "extinct" human feature. So sad :(

Also my husband's hair is dirty blond/brown, but his beard grows red.

Anyway, sometimes I think to make fun of certain things is just something that happens because a lot of people are doing it. I fear the red hair thing is like that...it's like hating on Twilight or Justin Beiber :lol:

sorry I think i'm rambling because i'm hungry haha

I'm baffled.. My brother, aunts, my best friend, dog, and the girl who won "best hair" in my high school all have red hair! And aside from the nickname "fire crotch" my friend got from an ex, I have never heard of anyone making fun of gingers!? I was actually just discussing with my fiance how our baby could be ginger and we both think that would be great!
Temper/mischievous ... SERIOUSLY?!? My brother and best friend are the two most laid back, hardest working people I know! Oh and Golden retrievers (Ours is def a Ginger:) are some of the BEST family dogs you can get.. Hair color has no bearing on who or what you are. People are mean and ignorant.

Is this a UK thing? I am in the states and I have never in my life heard someone make a negative comment about someone with red hair. In fact, I can think of one little girl that I know that has red hair, and everyone always comments how beautiful it is. I wonder if this a cultural thing????

dont worry about people im ginger and it is hard as a kid when ur teased BUT if it wasnt my hair they would find somthing else kids can be mean thats just the way it is.
on the adult side of things once uve been to school and had all that crap it just doesnt bother u.
my mates keep asking wat ill do if this lo is ginger..well nothing.
im the kind of person that takes the p out of mates and them with me so its normal for them to say i have no soul(ty southpark) etc.
its all about how ur brought up i guess my mum always said that the outside doesnt matter and its wats inside that counts.
like i said people are teased everyday glasses hair colour weight height clothes skin, its just the way the world works, its just up 2 us to make sure our lo's arent doin the teasing and no that the people that are arent worth listening to.

My sons father has red hair and I have blonde hair so my son's hair is very strawberry blonde and turns more red when it gets a little longer. Some of the kids at his school call him a ginger and it makes me so mad. What a crazy thing to tease someone about

Ginger POWA! hehe - my hubby is a ginger too. I can't believe someone would say that to you - how horrible!!! I love gingers! :))))

My husband and I actually do joke about our baby being a ginger - but it's ok because obviously we aren't being serious. I don't really understand the ginger hate. I don't get it. If someone behaved that way about skin color or race there'd be some uproar. But hair color discrimination is apparently ok. It's weird.

I don't understand it either. My brother has red hair and was adorable as a child. And he found someone to marry him, so he must still be okay looking!

no, this is not a UK thing, it happens in canada and the states too, i have red hair, not ginger, i dont know why i find the word ginger offensive, but im so over ginger jojkes, my dh has dark red/brown hair, and i too get questions of it i will be upset if i havea red hair child, are you effing kidding me? i saw a post on here a few months ago and this girl was pregnant and saying she hoped she doesnt have a red haired child and i was sooooooooooo pissed. its just so rude, i didnt deal with this growing up, its much worse now, thank you south park!

my husband and I are actually hoping we have a little red headed baby! I'm brunette but I have reddish hair & my husband has random red hairs in his beard so the genes are there somewhere! LOL

I personally think red hair is beautiful and I've never understood why people make it out like being red headed is a bad thing.

I think the teasing partly stems from the South Park "gingers" episode. If you're easily offended - don't bother looking it up. My husband (who is a redhead) however, found it hilarious. It is kind of funny - but again if easily offended - well, just stay away from the South Park series in general. The problem is when people try to carry these cartoon antics over into real-life and don't quite "get" the satire in it. It is SUPPOSED to be ridiculous - not serious!

But for the record just being a ginger doesn't make you a saint - or beautiful either - just as it doesn't make you a jerk or unattractive. Hair color is just hair color. There are other physical features and personality traits that come into play for the total picture. I've heard some mean things said about redheads - I don't understand it. It makes as much sense as any other type of racism in my mind. Not that redheads are their own race heh - but I don't know what else to compare it to. It's just stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->