Announcing through text message?

Peanutt

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my siblings and I aren't very close. My older brother and I had a huge falling out several years back and have only begun talking recently. I still don't really like him. He likes me more than I like him.
If I call to tell him, he will start with all sorts of advice that I'm not sure I could stomach from him because his kids are awful and he's verbally abusive to them (one of the reasons I'm not fond of him). He calls them idiots to their face and all sorts of things. :(
I was thinking of just doing a text and blaming sickness on not being able to talk.
Wimpy I know, but I'd rather keep the peace for my LO's sake. I know I won't be able to keep my mouth shut. And I'm glad that we are likely to move before my baby arrives so that he won't be wanting to take my child places because I don't trust he wouldn't be verbally abusive to them or overhear him being abusive to my niece and nephew.
My other siblings would likely prefer text do they can say their congrats and go about their day which is just fine by me.

Text seems totally reasonable. I will probably tell all of my siblings via text when the time comes. Not that I don't love them or anything, I just don't want to be bombarded with emotions and opinions. You could always just text everyone a cute pic of the latest ultrasound image or a cute "we're expecting!" picture. Seems like it would work out fine ad no one could blame you about being "impersonal". (Picture are personal!) :flow:

Text seems totally reasonable. I will probably tell all of my siblings via text when the time comes. Not that I don't love them or anything, I just don't want to be bombarded with emotions and opinions. You could always just text everyone a cute pic of the latest ultrasound image or a cute "we're expecting!" picture. Seems like it would work out fine ad no one could blame you about being "impersonal". (Picture are personal!) :flow:

That's a good suggestion. Or a picture of the US with "Your new niece or nephew!"
I'm waiting until 12 weeks.
We told people we're close to already and in person which was fun. I just wouldn't have been able to act like or look like I was feeling well.

Seems alright to me! I'm not one of these big announcement people anyway, I phoned my sister's, told our mum's, sent the scan through email to aunts, dad's etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->