Announcing to the kids x

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Sorry bit thread happy today.
So the other week we had an early scan and saw HB and Dr was happy. I have been suffering really badly with ms for the past 3 weeks and DD was really worried and knew something was up. Can't get nothing past my 4 year old. So we ended up telling her. We were going to wait till 12 week. We haven't made a big deal out of it and sort of hoped she would forget then we would big it up when we had a 2nd scan all being well.
So anywhoo I picked up my DD from school this morning. To my surprise she had great pleasure in telling me she stood up in front of the whole class and they had to be quite and listen. I told them all Mummy has a baby in her tummy and I'm going to be a big sister :dohh: she said don't worry mummy I told everyone!.:haha::blush:
My child is a walking microphone and she has just gone and told our news to 20 other mini microphones :haha:
Kids are so funny, the secrets out. Any one else told there kids early and then get really worried? X

Oh bless her! No, this is why we aren't telling ours til we're ready for everyone to know. She has no filter! But lovely for her to get to tell her class in such a fun way.

Awwww bless her. That's so sweet. It's also exactly why we aren't telling our 6 and 4 year old yet. :haha: the whole village would know if we did! :rofl: I'm soooo excited to tell them though, I'm finding it really hard to keep it from them since we had our private scan a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, You two are wise and I am definitely the example for why not to tell your offspring early! Haha

:rofl: we have barely told anyone (for example my Mum doesn't even know yet!) This is the furthest into a pregnancy I've gotten and kept it so secret. I'm really having to cover up with big cardigans etc at the moment. My 12 week scan is on the 17th and I'm hoping to be able to put a scan pic in my Mum's birthday card on the 24th if I can hide it until then!

Ah wow, that will be so lovely. Definitely worth the wait then to see her face will be a picture.

In all fairness this is an achievement for us we announced when we tested last time. :haha: I wish I had it in me to last the 12 weeks, I blame morning sickness it ratted me out! :haha:

And this is exactly why we're waiting to tell our 3 and 7 year olds until we're ready for everyone to know. Our literal nickname for the 7 year old is "spoiler alert," so we know he'll tell everyone as soon as he gets the chance.

We'll be telling after we have a successful dating scan, so probably around 8 or 9 weeks.

I'm still only 4w6days.

I was sick at my mum's house the other day and she heard, thankfully as I'd been out the night before with some of the other school mamas she assumed I was hungover! :rofl:

Lucas's birthday is in May and I'll be 13 weeks at that point so we're going to get him a card "to my big brother" and put a scan pic in (as we should've had one by then).

We've been prepping him a bit by talking about babies and asking him hypothetical questions since we found out so we can gauge whether he'll be happy about the news - I'm sure he will as he's been asking for a sibling for ages now. It's really hard not to slip up though!

We've not told our boys yet. I really want to tell my 5 year old. But he would definitely stand up and tell the class. I'm not too well at the minute with this pregnancy and I want to be healthier when I tell him, I don't want him to resent the baby as he is very sensitive! Although he'd probably actually look after me and be very kind.

I really can't wait to tell him! My youngest is only 2 so he won't really know what's going on until he can see a bump.

We've been gently pushing the idea of having another sibling on him. When we first found out he was saying 'no way babies are loud and annoying' (pretty much what I kept saying to him when he asked for another baby last year). But now he's coming round and says he'd like either a brother or sister and had no idea that I've Derren Brown'd him.

Girls you are not helping me out here! You are all sensible adults lol I can't be the only one ��

Sorry :lol:
I've got 8 weeks to go there's still time. Tbh I'm so excited I've been tempted :haha:

Oh that's so cute!

We told Ollie when I was 12 weeks after my scan - I showed him it and explained that Mummy had a baby in her tummy. Purely because of my previous losses and we didn't want him to blab as he's a bit of a motor mouth :haha:

My middle child would definitely tell everyone haha! We're going to wait till the 12weeks can aswell. They have no idea at the moment bless them x

After two lots of bloods showing good increase (more than double) we decided that although I am only just over 4 weeks we would tell our 5 year old daughter.

Our reasons are that no time is secure. My sis in law had two miscarriages, one at 16 weeks and one at 21 weeks and both times they had told their other children when they considered it 'safe' at 12 weeks.

With my job (I am a professional rider) I need to inform people that I am pregnant due to the nature of the work place and the fact I compete clients horses. I didn't want to tell others before I told my daughter so we made the difficult decision this afternoon.

She was so excited, but she is also very realistic about life and death as again with my job she has seen horses born and also die at just a few days old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->