Annovulatory cycle

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
Any ladies have experience with this? Even frequently? I'm really scared that my cycles have been annovulatory for the past few months. This is my second month with opks, only got a almost positive line last month that I counted as positive after they stayed negative, and this is my first month temping as you can tell by looking at my chart. I'm terrible at it so I can't really rely on that.
Just looking for tips/advice from women with experience or just support in general.
I appreciate you reading this.
Hubby and I will seek outside help within a month or two if this cycle fails.
fx
*sighs*

How long have your cycles been? And are you having regular periods? From what I understand (and I know it's different for everyone) If you don't ovulate then typically you have a longer cycle and don't have a period. You may have one but maybe lighter or just a break through bleed.

Also, when you are temping: are you using a basal thermometer? Are you temping at the same time every day? and are you getting at least 3 hours of sleep before you take your temp?

Sometimes my cycles are 20 days, I've had 45 days, even 30.
Periods used to be heavy before I started ttc, which is the cycle I had the freak 45 day incident. After then they've been three maybe four day long.
Temping is difficult, yes I have a bbt, no I don't always take it at the same time, and sometimes I don't sleep some nights so I don't temp, so like I said I can't really rely on that. If you look at my chart it doesn't make sense at all.

I just had an annovulatory cycle, but ended up ovulating on cd 60. I guess I skipped ovulation and af then ovulated when I was supposed to that next cycle. I did talk to my obgyn about it and she said 1 annovulatory cycle is normal, but more than that is an issue. My opks always go almost + then light then + so keep testing. The best times are between 2-8pm. As for bbt, I set an alarm the same time each morning and take my temp b4 getting up. If the weekend, I just take it and document it later bc the thermometer saves your temps. I recommend that to get clearer temps. If you are a mouth breather, then try temping vaginally. If your cycles are that irregular, I'd definitely talk to your dr about getting blood work done to see if there is a hormone imbalance. I hope this helps.

OPKs can go almost positive to negative to positive again, or they can do the "slow build" (line increasingly darker), or they can stay really negative and then suddenly jump to positive. Also, they are only reliable in telling you that you are about to O, and temps are the only thing that can completely confirm, which is why they are important. My sister was having long, irregular cycles and her dr said that she needs to temp for a few cycles and that will let the dr know for sure if she is Oing or not.

Smille gave the same advice I was going to give.

I set an alarm to go off at 5am every day, because I get up at 5am for work during hte week, and then on weekends I temp and go back to sleep. When I wake up I record the temp (thermometer saves it). Once I started doing that, it made my temps a lot more reliable. Some nights I don't sleep well so I get the occasional odd-ball temp but usually it's pretty reliable.

If you think you are having multiple annovulatory cycles, you should def see your doctor.

I may have just had my first true anovulatory cycle. Never got a completely positive opk (though I was unable to test the last 3 days before & of my possible O). I record BBT at the same time every morning, plus check CP/CM. I normally O CD23 (of a 36 day cycle). I had a possible O CD21, but then by CD23 my temp dropped off again. Then I had a possible O CD29, BBT stayed high for 4 days after that and CP/CM looked like my usual post-O, but AF showed up today, CD35. I either had a 15 day LP with low progesterone, a 6 day LP (failed implantation?) or no ovulation at all with some weird temps & CM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->