annoying cousin

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by firsttimemaman, Apr 14, 2009.

1. firsttimemaman

firsttimemaman Pregnant- 1st time mom

Just ranting...
    I have a cousin who is my age. She already has two kids and she's trying for her third. I have a few issues with her:
    1) She's a gossip queen. She talks behind everyone's back. It makes me really uncomfortable. (I know, I'm doing the same right now, but this is really bothering me.)
    2) She does NOT keep secrets. No matter what you tell her, she'll repeat it to whomever will listen.
    3) She is TOTALLY, 100% obsessed with babies. Like, I love babies too. But she's seriously obsessed with them. She talks about babies all the time. Now that I'm nearing my due date, she's trying to get close to me (just because of baby!)
    I have a circle of great friends, but she doesn't like them. (They're all babyless.)
    Anyway, I do not want to hang out with her, and I don't want my kids to turn into gossipers. Yesterday, she told me she'd be coming over all the time once the baby comes. What???!!!
    I don't know what to do... What do I tell her?

2. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

I would tell her that when the baby arrives you and OH want to spend quality time together to bond with the baby and that you wont be having many visitors coming over straight away. She has to get the hint then. Hope this helps. :hugs:

3. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

she sounds craaaazy!drop into convo something like 'it'll be wonderful to spend some quality time with *insert lovers name* and baby on our own'
    you said she's a cousin, maybe who evers family side she's on could drop hints too or you could speak to the aunty/uncle of her andexplain?

if she's over baring to you, chances are other family members think it too!

xXx

4. charlieann

charlieann Well-Known Member

move and dont tell her your new address!

5. SareBear

SareBear Well-Known Member

I agree! NUTS! x x x