annoying cousin

firsttimemaman

Pregnant- 1st time mom
Reaction score
Just ranting...
I have a cousin who is my age. She already has two kids and she's trying for her third. I have a few issues with her:
1) She's a gossip queen. She talks behind everyone's back. It makes me really uncomfortable. (I know, I'm doing the same right now, but this is really bothering me.)
2) She does NOT keep secrets. No matter what you tell her, she'll repeat it to whomever will listen.
3) She is TOTALLY, 100% obsessed with babies. Like, I love babies too. But she's seriously obsessed with them. She talks about babies all the time. Now that I'm nearing my due date, she's trying to get close to me (just because of baby!)
I have a circle of great friends, but she doesn't like them. (They're all babyless.)
Anyway, I do not want to hang out with her, and I don't want my kids to turn into gossipers. Yesterday, she told me she'd be coming over all the time once the baby comes. What???!!!
I don't know what to do... What do I tell her?

I would tell her that when the baby arrives you and OH want to spend quality time together to bond with the baby and that you wont be having many visitors coming over straight away. She has to get the hint then. Hope this helps. :hugs:

she sounds craaaazy!drop into convo something like 'it'll be wonderful to spend some quality time with *insert lovers name* and baby on our own'
you said she's a cousin, maybe who evers family side she's on could drop hints too or you could speak to the aunty/uncle of her andexplain?

if she's over baring to you, chances are other family members think it too!

xXx

she sounds craaaazy!drop into convo something like 'it'll be wonderful to spend some quality time with *insert lovers name* and baby on our own'
you said she's a cousin, maybe who evers family side she's on could drop hints too or you could speak to the aunty/uncle of her andexplain?

if she's over baring to you, chances are other family members think it too!

xXx

I agree! NUTS! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->