Annoying morning at the hospital!

hondagirl

Reaction score
Sooo, woke up to a good covering of snow this morning, got kids off to school then hubby drove me to hospital,( im a gutless wonder in snow and the roads were not clear) I had an ap at 11am to do bp, urine and monitor plus a sweep. we were prepared for a couple of hours but 4 hrs later...oh my word, i was starving! We had a student midwife who put the monitor on and the trace kept going, then the paper jammed then lost the trace again etc etc all in all i was hooked up for 3 sessions instead of the normal 1. Then another midwife examined me and said she could only just feel the tip of my cervix and it was posterior and long.Thus totally contradicting the registrar who did one last week and wrote, 1cm open, cervix soft and central. i mean, which is it eh?? apparently it doesnt go backwards once its started to move central and soften so what was going on today? This midwife made me put my fists under my back to tilt my pelvis before she examined, the previous Dr didnt do this, didnt need to so whats that about, I have a tilted uterus too so wonder if that made a difference. by this time I was worried about getting stuck at hospital as snow was settling again, my kids were let out of school early and i was starving hungry, plus we had gone over the 3 hrs parking and were charged £4.40! NOT happy!!

How crappy!
In my experience the consultants do things wrong - the Mw is always right! Last time I went in the consultant asked me to bring heels to bum i.e. raise knees so that she could measure the fundal height - asked the mw about this and she said that's wrong!!! They have no idea at the hospitals do they! I'd trust the mw's notes and ask her about the uterus cervix thing!

... how come they're doing a sweep - I thought they didnt' do this till u were overdue?

Sorry but yes you would think that your cervix progression doesn't go backwards. But with a head that isn't firmly engaged into the pelvis, the cervix one day can be hard to reach a feel a little long and another day the head be lower and in better contact with the cervix, therefore feeling less long and more favourable. It is very frustrating to women certainly. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->