Annual leave when pregs

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Silly question probably as I'm sure the answer is no to this Q..But i just wondered if you have annual leave booked whilst you are on maternity leave, do you still get paid?? I booked annual leave before i realised i was pregnant. My annual leave would have been next mon for 2 weeks..but obviousilly now im on maternity leave..xx

You still accrue annual leave as normal when you are on maternity leave hun. Depending on how your employer works, you may be able to either start your maternity leave earlier, go back to work after later, or even get paid for it.

With my company, you have to take your leave before 31st December every year or you lose it. The exception is if you are on Maternity leave then. Charlie was due 7th September and my ML was due to start 5 weeks before that. I still had 18 days holiday and they gave me the option of what to do. I chose to have it paid in my November wage, so it practically paid for Xmas!:happydance:

Sweetsami I think you should contact your HR department or manager asap to highlight that you had booked this time out as annual leave. If you're on maternity leave you cannot have annual leave booked at the same time. You wont lose the annual leave - I expect they will add it onto your maternity leave entitlement or offer you be paid it when you return from maternity leave.
In my opinion what should've happened is that the leave you had booked should have been taken at the start of your maternity leave so your official maternity leave start date would've been 2 wks later than what it was but you would still have left your company on the same day you did (the first 2 wks being paid holiday then rolling straight into maternity leave).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->