Another BFN

ElliesMum

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Well i've just had a BFN for another month (thats 10 months in total, 5 years over all). I've been having cycle monitoring this month to check i'm ovulating and apparently i am. I was told this cycle would be 25 days and today is cd25. Did a First Response test today and there it was, BFN. Still no af as yet which is strange cos she always comes first thing in the morning so i'm still keeping my fingers tightly crossed. Maybe there is still hope, or am i just fooling myself?

Hun could you start charting to see when you are ovulating?

It's not uncommon for the average couple to be trying a year before sucess so try not to panic!

Who told you your cycle would be 25 days? How many days are your cycle usually?

My cycle was always 28 days without fail until we lost our dd Ellie in Jan. Since then i've had anything from 16 days to 35 days. I normally get a bad pain each month when i'm ovulating so i roughly know when things are going to happen. I went for cycle monitoring this month and ovulated on cd11 (Not only did the doc tell me i was ovulating but i had the normal pain). The doc told me you always have a period 14 days after ovulating no matter what cd you ovulate and said that i would therefore have a 25 day cycle this month. On cd16 i got the same pain again but a lot worse. They told me it was possible to release two eggs and that could have been what the two lots of pain was. If thats the case then maybe i should wait another 4 days to test which would be 14 days since the second lot of pain. Sorry this is so confusing!

The doc told me you always have a period 14 days after ovulating no matter what cd you ovulate

Erm thats not true at all hun :?

So any ideas when i should be testing then? God, i thought getting pregnant was supposed to be the most natural thing in the world. Is it F**K!!!

It certainly isn't & to think they use to suggest you looked at a boy you'd have a baby on your arms for the rest of your life! crikey if I'd of started back then maybe I'd get to hold on to one of my pregnancies by now!

All women are different hun! Take a look at the girls charts on the TTC board. In fact have a peek at Arcanegirls :D

Thanks for your support. Will keep you updated. One day i'll post my story on here. Its a hell of a story and will take a while to read but just not up to going through it all in my head again at the moment. Thanks again.

:hugs:

Try & stay calm hun - fingers crossed for you x

Hi babe,

all the time AF is away there is a chance........not that I want o get our hopes up but I never found the first response tests that good to be honest, I don't think thet are as sensitive as they say :?

But no AF, there is a chance.........so keep them fingers tightly crossed, I have crossed mine hun.........:hugs: xx [-o< [-o< [-o<

Wobbles™ said:
The doc told me you always have a period 14 days after ovulating no matter what cd you ovulate

Erm thats not true at all hun :?
This is definatley not true!
After ovulation your luteal phase (the period between ovulation and AF) will almost always be the same length of time but that length can vary from 10-14 days.
My luteal phase for example is almost always 12 days.

I hope you get your BFP soon :hugs:

Thank you all for your support. Well af finally got me yesterday and she came with a vengeance. No headaches or cramps like i usually have but really, really heavy (tmi sorry). Have an appt with consultant yesterday so see where we go from here. I'm 38 so we have to do something pretty quick!

At least you know your typical cycle is 28 days!

Your doc needs to learn his job :? Likke mine does mind!

Sorry Af got you :(

How did the appointment go?

Sorry, must be losing it, it was meant to say, have an appointment tomorrow!!! I'm having a bad day. Will let you know what he has to say for himself tomorrow.

Ahhhh well lots of luck for a positive outcome :D

Good Luck for today babe xx

Well i went to see the consultant and he now wants to do a hysteroscopy. I have very heavy periods and he wants to have a look to see whats causing them. No problems with ovulating thank god but that means we still dont know why i'm not falling pregnant considering i was falling after two months at the most before we lost Ellie in January. Operation booked for the 20th November. I thought it was a camera through the belly button but just found out its a camera going up inside. After all i've been through with tests, op's, examinations, you'd have thought i would be used to all that but i really feel i cant do this. I feel i'm letting my dp down if i dont do it, i just dont know what to do. Do you think they will do it under a general anaesthetic if i ask them. I just cant cope with having it done under a local.

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I found this on hysteroscopy which may help...

https://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/hysteroscopy.html

I had one a few years ago because I had a polyp in my womb. They did a hysteroscopy and a D & C to clear it out. I had it under a general and had a couple of days feeling a bit under the weather. But I soon bounced back and AF was a hundred times lighter afterwards. It was an enormous relief in the end. :hugs:

H

xx

Ooo that might be what he's gonna do to me!
I keep calling it a laporoscopy!! lol!!

That link is so helpful Helen, thank you!!

xox

Awwwww babe, I understand how you feel not wanting a local, I would be the same......

I really hope it goes well babe, I am sure your DP would not want you to do anything you don't feel comfortable with hun!

Let us know what you decide, and have a good chat with DP tell him how you feel, he may suprise you and you may suprise yourself......

All the best babe :hugs: xx

Thank you all for your support. I had long discussion with dp about op. He has told me that the decision is completely up to me. He would not feel let down at all and only wish it was him that had to go through it and not me all the time (bless)!!! He ssaid that he knows what i'm like though and if i didnt have it and we found something a few years down the line which we could have solved with the op, then i would never forgive myself and he is so right.

I phoned the hospital today to speak to them about it. I'm hoping that they may change their mind and do it under a general seeing as i am so freaked out about it and are waiting for them to phone me back. They can do what they like to me if i'm asleep (lol).

I feel aswell though that if this op goes ahead, we are wasting more time not being able to ttc as i am 38 now and not getting any younger.

Will keep you all informed once i have spoken to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->