Another BFN

Yep! Consultant phoned me back last Friday and told me he was willing to do op under a general. Phew, makes me feel so much better. He was worried about using a general before because i smoked. I know you are all probably turning your nose up at me now because i smoke and i dont blame you. I know its no excuse but with all the stress i've had in my life i've never been able to give up. But thats all changed now! Today is the day i have given up smoking. Woke up this morning feeling very confident and have not had a cigarette. Threw out all lighters, cigarettes and ashtrays. More determined than ever to do this. I've never been this long without a fag and i dont seem to be too bad.

No way would most turn their nose up!!!

Most of us have been there or there are a coupl eof girls who were wise enough to never pick a ciggy up! I smoke I've been trying to quit for agers or at least cut down & with all going on I have no will power! The want yes but it's not enough!

:hugs:

I'm so glad its not just me then! I was so embarrased telling everyone i used to smoke because i felt so ashamed but even that wasnt enough to stop me. I'm determined to do it this time though. Dp has been very very supportive and has decided to give up too, although he didnt smoke as much as me. Tonight will be the test though, when he comes home from work. Once we've had dinner we'll have to go for a walk or something, either that or kill each other!

Not at all after our journey you'd think I'd wind my neac in! I too can feel really ashamed esspecially at first when I started joining pregnancy message boards but theres so many of us that have been or are there! Allan Carrs book says a woman smoker will turn her nose up at a pregnanct woman smoker but soon finds herself in the same situation!!
My OH smokes but like you he smokes nowhere nr what I do in fact he won't touch a fag until late evening unless we are out or drinking!

I've tried to order a smoking program this morning but there checkout is being an ass with me so I've meailed them!
https://www.buycosmetics.com/store/detail.asp?producttypeid=1663

Good luck & well done you so far :dance:

My doctor has told me to use the patches. Not as good as giving up completely when ttc but as she said, its only putting nicotine in your body and not all the other rubbish they put in fags. I keep telling myself, i dont need a fag cos i've got a patch on! Might sound silly but its working!

No I used patches & have a gd handful left just we kept finding em stuck to everything :rofl: I tried the mini tabs but OMG they annoy me so badly!! They hardly disolve & I end up sitting there thinking I'd rather have a fag this is SO annoying!!

Ha ha! Wil keep you informed how i'm getting on. Going to paint my bedroom ceiling now! Anything to keep busy!!!

Oh it sjust amazing how spotless your house will be :rofl:

Good luck x

Thats what dp said! He's frightened he's gonna come home from work each day to a different colour paint! We wont be saving any money not smoking, it'll all go on paint!!!

How you going on the patches?

x

Hi, wondered if anybody has any thoughts on the Clearblue ovulation and fertility monitors? Am at end of my tether now and have to know where I'm going wrong.
My periods have always been up and down, that is, until I miscarried in June this year.
Since then I have had a pretty accurate 28 day cycle but last month and this month have been a bit erratic, resuting in late periods, high hopes quickly dashed, followed by a dose of tears.
I thought I'd been 'doing the deed' on my most fertile days, but obviously not!! And I'm just exasperated by how bloomin' difficult this is turning out to be.
Any advice would be great. Thanks in anticipation.
Steph.

Ive not had any experience with those two, i tried another brand of opks but my cycles are irregular so it was hard getting the right time to get positive results.
Have you thought about charting? Its good to double check you ovulate and although it will be a guessing game at first you will start to reconise patterns and guess when you will ovulate.

You never know you may be getting the timing right but just not catching, even the most fertile person can take a few goes to get it.

Hi Wobbles. Bloody patches keep falling off! Thats when their not irritating me and giving me red raw skin. Still not smoking though. Thought each day would get easier but its not. Would kill for a fag now!

Steph, cant help with your question. Never used ovulation monitors, sorry.

Sorry for late reply just got back from hols. Clearblue ovpks are difficult to use. Have had a monitor for twelve months and think are pretty accurate. Used mine for contraception andwas reading at wrong time of day bd on 1st day not safe and got pg. Got mine cheap on ebay, hope his helps.

ElliesMum said:
Hi Wobbles. Bloody patches keep falling off! Thats when their not irritating me and giving me red raw skin. Still not smoking though. Thought each day would get easier but its not. Would kill for a fag now!

Steph, cant help with your question. Never used ovulation monitors, sorry.

Well done :yipee:

Steph said:
Hi, wondered if anybody has any thoughts on the Clearblue ovulation and fertility monitors? Am at end of my tether now and have to know where I'm going wrong.
My periods have always been up and down, that is, until I miscarried in June this year.
Since then I have had a pretty accurate 28 day cycle but last month and this month have been a bit erratic, resuting in late periods, high hopes quickly dashed, followed by a dose of tears.
I thought I'd been 'doing the deed' on my most fertile days, but obviously not!! And I'm just exasperated by how bloomin' difficult this is turning out to be.
Any advice would be great. Thanks in anticipation.
Steph.

I've used teh Clearblue OPKs & highly recommend the monitors I'm not sure about but I figured if you have to buy the sticks for the monitors anyway you may as well just buy the OPKs an save on quite a cost for that machine! :shock:

try keep your cool hunny you know you maybe are bonking on the right days but stress & anxiety won't help the process :wink:

I'm 28 days (should be anyway) - I seem to Ovulate on day 13 (so far) So my mpst fertile are day 10 - 15 :D

Good luck

:dust:

Mummy2twoplusbump said:
Sorry for late reply just got back from hols. Clearblue ovpks are difficult to use. Have had a monitor for twelve months and think are pretty accurate. Used mine for contraception andwas reading at wrong time of day bd on 1st day not safe and got pg. Got mine cheap on ebay, hope his helps.
You were using the OPKs at teh wrong time of day?

Don't knw about opk's time of day to use. Got them to try pinpoint od to improve accuracy of monitor early on. With monitor I did temp first thing then checked it for day of cycle and if fertile and cso if needed to abstain/use contraception. I took that what it said in morning held for all day, but actually by approx 10.30pm the day changes to next cd so when ithought was safe, was 1st slightly fertile day, and that month I ovulatedd early by approx 2days as non fertile phase was earlier than normal , so where as on normal cycle would get away with being a day out, that month I didn't so got pg. Was a nice surprise though. Hope this makes sense Wobbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->