Another buggy question (sorry!)

N

Neecee

Is it possible to buy a buggy that doesn't come with a car seat, but still buy a seperate car seat that will fit the chassis, or is it best to get and all-in-one travel system?

Sorry for another buggy question! Thanks ladies!

You can buy it separately from MAmma and Pappas and prob some others. You basically buy the base and then choose what you want to put on it like a carrycot, pushchair seat and you can buy the car seat to slot on to.

If you are going to use the car seat alot on the base i would say buy a travel system, we bought it all seperately and it cost us £600. You can get a travel system for alot less.

Well i personally dont like newborns in carseats on prams they look so screwed up and its not good for thier backs but mines a mamas and papas pramette and we could buy the carseat to go on it if we wanted but i found a different carseat online for cheaper that i liked so not using it a travel system.

Yep, quite a few of them will do that. I'd ask in a shop, see what they suggest, try some stuff out, then buy online. If you want one with the car seat to attach then the seat will need to be the same brand as the chassis. Might work out cheaper to get a travel system than buy the seat separately.

Well i personally dont like newborns in carseats on prams they look so screwed up and its not good for thier backs but mines a mamas and papas pramette and we could buy the carseat to go on it if we wanted but i found a different carseat online for cheaper that i liked so not using it a travel system.

Then why bother giving you opinion hun, everybody has to make their own choice based on whats best for them. We had a carrycot and pushchair and got the matching car seat for my parents car, we bought it coz we wanted everything matching (first baby) it never went on the pram it was stored at my parents to use if they needed to put Grace in their car but i answered the question that was asked not gave my opinion on what is good or bad for someone elses baby!!!

This was just her opinion on the question asked. She was just stating why she chose something different.

Then why bother giving you opinion hun, everybody has to make their own choice based on whats best for them. We had a carrycot and pushchair and got the matching car seat for my parents car, we bought it coz we wanted everything matching (first baby) it never went on the pram it was stored at my parents to use if they needed to put Grace in their car but i answered the question that was asked not gave my opinion on what is good or bad for someone elses baby!!!

Calm down love! I was looking for other peoples views and opinionsO:)

Bugaboo, and Quinny buggies don't come with carseats and if you need to you can buy the maxi cosi cabriofix carseat and adapters, they fit these buggies!

I've bought the Graco Car seat and Base for the car but i'm looking at getting the Graco Buggy too, i know they fit together as it stated that in the descriptions when i was looking around for them. The car seat dosen't have to go on the buggy but at least i know if i want it to it will fit.

I think alot of manufacturers run along the same lines and as long as the makes are the same (check it out first) they should fit nicely

You can buy a buggy and seperate carseat if you like but the carseat wont usually go on the buggy unless they are the same make if you get what i mean. You cant just buy any old pram and any carseat and put them together! It usually works out cheaper to buy a travel system with the carseat than buy it all seperate!

Sorry if my msg seemed to come across as me telling you what to buy it wasnt meant to sound like that i was just saying what i thought:cry:

yes you can buy seperate... I've got a graco mosaic. I bough them together but you can buy them seperate...

My mum is a midwife, as has always said to me not to get a travel system a baby needs to stretch out and being in a car seat can affect the spine... When I get to choose mine I will get one without the car seat, or even if I do buy a travel system I won't use the car seat on the frame. I know everyone else has different needs but I hope that helps

My mum is a midwife, as has always said to me not to get a travel system a baby needs to stretch out and being in a car seat can affect the spine... When I get to choose mine I will get one without the car seat, or even if I do buy a travel system I won't use the car seat on the frame. I know everyone else has different needs but I hope that helps

This is true about the baby needing to stretch out. It's not a reason not to get a travel system though as the good ones will all have a carrycot or lie flat position for the pram seat. It's likely to work out a saving to get a full travel system in one rather than a separate pram and car seat. The full travel systems are not really the same as the prams that are a chassis with extra bits you can attach e.g. car seat.

This is going to sound really stupid but.... We dont have a car so therefore no need to buy a car seat right? But how do we get the baby home from the hospital, we would have to take public transport and put him/her in a pram? Am I going to be able to cope with public transport post birth or is a taxi best? But then I dont want to buy a car seat to use once! Oh the dilemma........

This is going to sound really stupid but.... We dont have a car so therefore no need to buy a car seat right? But how do we get the baby home from the hospital, we would have to take public transport and put him/her in a pram? Am I going to be able to cope with public transport post birth or is a taxi best? But then I dont want to buy a car seat to use once! Oh the dilemma........

I think a taxi would be best for both you and LO, newborn should not go on public transport because of all the people and the germs they carry. Could you ask a freind to borrow a car seat for when your bringing LO home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->