Another hayfever medication thread...

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
I went to the pharmacy today to ask about what I can take when Im breastfeeding because I get really bad hayfever (blisters on my eyes! Ouchies!) and they recommended I take Piritin because it's the only thing suitable whilst breastfeeding.

So I got home, took one and then came on here and noticed some threads saying that there wasn't anything that was suitable whilst pregnant/nursing.

Read the instruction thingys in the packet and it says not suitable for nursing mothers. Brilliant.

What do I do about feeding Seth? I assume since Ive only taken one it probably won't matter but Im just worried because I sometimes have bad reactions to anti hystamines and the last thing I want is for him to suffer as well...

Any suggestions? Apart from going to shout at the pharmasist tomorrow!

xxx

sorry, can't advice you!

it's horrible isn't it, as everybody says something different!

I assume pharma-industrie just wants to cover its back as it hasn't been researched sufficiently if it is contraindicated with pregnancy and breastfeeding!

the onliest relief is, the wheather forecast predicts rain! one time in my entire life, I don't want it be sunny and I am looking forward to the rain :dohh:

I fed him anyway and he seems to be ok. Im just so annoyed! If I hadn't been on here I would have kept taking them. You expect them to know what they're talking about!

I hate hayfever too, I feel your pain :(

xxx

I went to my doctor last night as i just cant put up with it anymore. The doctor was new and didn't really know anything about pregnancy etc. So, get this, she was Googling to see what i could take!!! Can you believe that???!!! I just sat there and said "look, if you're not sure then i'd rather not take anything" She just said that nothing is safe to take during pregnancy, as it crosses the placenta and causes foetal abnormalities.
We live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields, which is lovely, just not at this time of year!! Like most of you guys, i cant sleep, and when i do i wake up with my head stuck to the pillow due to my eyes and nose running! On top of that, i also have asthma, so it's causing real problems with my breathing :( There's a women that lies in the next village who produces honey, so i think i'll give that a try :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->