Another Moby wrap question sorry!!!

claire-lou

Jack & Martha's Mummy
Reaction score
I love the look and the versitility of the moby wrap. However the general concensus on here is that they are great for newborns but a more structured carrier is better for heavier babies. Has anyone successfully carried a heavier baby for long periods of time? Jack is now 6 months and 18lb 9oz.
Thanks

Not me :( I stopped using my Moby a couple of months ago and switched to a Mei Tai as my main carrier with a ring sling for quick carries. Just saw on another thread that rafwife is still using her Moby and her daughter is 9 months - don't know how heavy she is though!

Tezzy is the girl to be asking too hun!! i'm sure she still uses her moby's and her little ones are older ! she is defo the baby wearing queen!! lol

sara

xxxxxxxxx

I'm a bit slow tonight but just thought - if you love the look and versatility of the Moby you could try a non stretchy wrap? You can use them til your child is a few years old and can do all the same carries as a Moby if not more (not sure about more). People do find them harder to get to grips with at first, I've got one that is sitting waiting for me to learn how to use!!! Going to a sling meet hopefully next week for some guidence! ( www.slingmeet.co.uk ) x

Hehe, that's spooky - I just found that site earlier this evening ;)
Hoping to goto a meet near me soon :)

I was just stopping by this section to see if anyone wanted the other half of the material I'm buying to make my own.

One of my good friends used her Kari-Me wrap with her son til he was over a year old.

I still use my moby, and Niamh is 10 months this month :)

Tezzy is the girl to be asking too hun!! i'm sure she still uses her moby's and her little ones are older ! she is defo the baby wearing queen!! lol

sara

xxxxxxxxx

im here :blush: LOL!!!

Ffion is 15mo and we still carry her in the moby. i find shes wide awake and wiggly then it does kinda sag after about 25mins of wearing.

Ellaroo wraps are much better for older babies/toddlers as theyre woven material and not stretchy. we carried Rhys in an ellaroo until he was 2 when we switched to a toddlerhawk.

i hope this helps!!

After all your advise on other threads i took the plunge and got a babyhawk, (been to coast today) and had jack in it for 6 hours no problems. He even slept which is unheard for during the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->