Another nap question

A

AppleBlossom

Is it right that the more naps she has in the day the better she (might) sleep at night?

She used to nap a lot when she was newborn and wasn't too bad at night. Now she barely naps and is bad at night. I usually try and discourage her from napping so much in the day incase she doesn't sleep at night but I keep hearing from people that their LO's tend to sleep better if they've slept well through the day.

In theory, if she sleeps more in the day she will sleep more at night

Ok. It's just she had half an hour at 11.30 and she's went back to sleep about 40mins ago and is still asleep. I feel like I should wake her up but I'll just leave her

i let ali nap when he wants and he sleeps all night. the more he gets the more he needs. he goes to sleep at about 9pm and wakes up at 7am or so and then goes down after a bottle for another couple of hours. it is fantastic. he then naps during the day for up to 1 hour at a time - some days he naps more than others. when he was a newborn i tried to keep him awake during the day thinking he would sleep at night - it has the opposite effect on babies. let her nap and she will sleep at night :happydance: :happydance:

When Olivia was 5 months she would only have 2 naps per day, One in a morning and one in an afternoon for about 1-2 hours so not entirely sure I beleive this as she has always slept at least 10 hours at night & now thats shes almost 1 she only has 1 sleep per day and still sleeps through the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->