another phone contract question

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
So what type of plan do you have?
How much do you pay per month and what do you get for it.

The one im looking at is
The One Plan
2000 minutes,
5000 texts,
All-you-can-eat Data,
5000 Three-to-Three minutes
and free voicemail
for £25 a month but I think this just might be a bit of over kill for me, is that a good price for what you get?

Its really good price for all that, when my contract ends im moving to three onto there one plan. I dont know if you have but with it being all you can eat data you can use your phone as a modem for your laptop if you havent got broadband

Very good deal.

Before I renewed I was paying £25 for 600 minutes and unlimited texts on vodafone.
I've cut it down to £15 a month 300 minutes unlimited texts because I was never using all my minutes up.

I will never ever use all those minutes up as I dont realy phone many people and barely text so this is why I was thinking it was a bit over kill.
The reason I was going to go for this was the all you can eat data as I dont have internet at home and the free voicemail (its 30p per minute without this) all for just £2 extra then the other more basic one I was going to go for so thought sod it for the sake of £2 I may as well go the full hog and know id never have to worry about going over my limit on any of it.

3 do seem to do good deals, but their customer service is dire. Just thought I'd mention it. I initially signed up to deal with 3 (through Tesco) and got no signal in my house or anywhere walking around outside it (despite the map on the 3 website saying it had confirmed good internal and external signal in my exact address). I phoned 3 up and they basically spun me a pack of lies about work being done on the network etc. I took the sim back to Tesco the next day.

I'm now with Tesco, on a 12 month contract. £10 a month, I get 500 mins, 5000 texts, 500MB data. 500MB maybe doesn't sound like a lot, but I tend to be either at Uni or at home (where I have WiFi). I paid for unlimited 3G when I was on O2, but when I checked my usage, I was using about 40MB a month, on average :dohh:

3 do seem to do good deals, but their customer service is dire. Just thought I'd mention it. I initially signed up to deal with 3 (through Tesco) and got no signal in my house or anywhere walking around outside it (despite the map on the 3 website saying it had confirmed good internal and external signal in my exact address). I phoned 3 up and they basically spun me a pack of lies about work being done on the network etc. I took the sim back to Tesco the next day.

I'm now with Tesco, on a 12 month contract. £10 a month, I get 500 mins, 5000 texts, 500MB data. 500MB maybe doesn't sound like a lot, but I tend to be either at Uni or at home (where I have WiFi). I paid for unlimited 3G when I was on O2, but when I checked my usage, I was using about 40MB a month, on average :dohh:

Thats somthing that worries me, according to their map the signal should be fine here but past mobiles and internet dongles have had problems with losing signals.

Im worried about what my rights at canceling are if I get it and cant barley get a signal or the internet on it to connect

Most mobile operators work on a seven or fourteen day no coverage returns policy. If you buy the phone online then most networks give you seven days to change your mind anyway. If you get the phone in store then make sure you ask the sales advisor what the coverage returns policy is. If your unsure your better going into the shop and talking to someone, although sales advisors in phone shops can be annoying and pushy at best, (im allowed to say that, i am one :blush:)

Most mobile operators work on a seven or fourteen day no coverage returns policy. If you buy the phone online then most networks give you seven days to change your mind anyway. If you get the phone in store then make sure you ask the sales advisor what the coverage returns policy is. If your unsure your better going into the shop and talking to someone, although sales advisors in phone shops can be annoying and pushy at best, (im allowed to say that, i am one :blush:)

Cheers thats good to know, I have never had a contract phone before.
Technicaly it will only cost me £13 a month for all that as hubby is paying half each month and getting me the phone for my christmas pressy :)

By law they have to allow you to return within seven day so long as there is no damage to he phone and you only pay for what you had.

Personally I would't go with 3 as I have had a very bad experience with them.

I four contract with Vodafone.

1. 600 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet and 2gb BT Openzone with HTC Sensation 12 month - £36 - might be a lot but it's due to the phone and as they messed up and I should be on a 24 month contract, I am not complaining. Lol.
2. 300 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet with HTC Google Nexus One 24 month - £25 - again, high due to phone
3. 300 mins, unlimited texts, 500mb internet HTC Wildfire 24 month - £10 - special offer
4. 100 mins 500 texts - £10 - sim only

(Not all for me, lol.)

Im with tmobile and have 900 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet for £25 a month x

im with orange, i have an iphone & i get:
unlimited texts (3000)
unlimited internet
500mins
£35 a month

i dont use anywhere near half that though so i really need to ring up & lower my contract!! xx

tmobile £15
1000 mins
unlimited txts
500mb data

signal with 3 is dodgy. ive got a 3 dongle and even though it said signal would be excellent, it never goes above one bar and i can't move the laptop without it disconnecting :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->