another silly questions: inserts

jessabella

Reaction score
Hi Just woundering..if I bought a nappie that is an AIO and it comes with a basic Microfiber insert do I still need to use my fleece and bamboo booster.

Also for my Pocket nappies that I have that have an insert inside..what else do I need to put in there..and do I still need to use a fleece liner on top..
Just trying to come to grips with what Im doing
I have BG and BG flips, Itti bitti d'lish, Pop in, a few pocket nappies in different brands (bb, starbunz and something else I forgot) and then I have some ebay cheapies..

So i just figured I would need my fleece and bamboo added to whatever they have in them..but then was thinking I might not need to do all that...
I was thinking I need the fleece all the time for the poo though right!

How would you set up these particular nappies..need to know ..so I can also teach hubby and try to keep baby from leaking too!:blush:

If they come with an insert then that itself might be enough, most nappies you buy the insert they come with is more than enough. the only ones ive had to boost with is the ebay cheapies as microfibre isnt the most absorbant material.

the nappy you have with the microfibre, you might find it okay for the first month with a newborn but as baby gets bigger you might need to boost it more.

You tend to just figure it out as you go. You normally start with whatever the nappy comes with and then if you start to notice the nappy not lasting as long or getting leaks, then you think about boosting it. Generally nappies are designed so that they last a few hours with the inserts they come with, for the average baby. Boosting is really just to give an extra 'boost', it's not something that you start off assuming you will have to do.

Which AIOs are you talking about? If they're ebay cheapies, just be aware that some of them are misdescribed - the sellers call them AIOs but they're actually pockets. If the advert talks about a pocket and inserts at all, you can bet it's a pocket not an AIO. Generally an AIO won't come with inserts, though boosters might be included.

ahh okay good point Rachel..
well I have Itti Bitti AIO and Im not sure whatelse....should I buy the Itti Bitti extra inserts that come seprate with that? Or can I use my little lamb boosters in that if I need extra absorbancy.
I bought some of the ebay cheapies for just around the house with baby..and just assumed that I would put a fleece and booster in them because even though they say AIO I have heard just what you have said..its not really...they havent arrived yet so dont know ..but it does come with a microfiber insert so prolly a pocket right? But would that microfiber keep my baby bum dry as well as the fleece?
Im just trying to really get my head around it all..and dont want ot do over kill with all the inserts in one nappy..hahaha

The itti aio's prob wont need extra snap ins dont waste your money hun. The ebay chepaies come with an insert that you stuff in the pocket if after wearing them you notice baby is weeing through it and its not lasting long you may need to stuff the pocket with an extra insert ofsome kind you can even use microfibercloths (3 pack in cleaning aisle 49p tescos ;) )Also if the ebay cheapies are already fleece lined you wont need a liner on top next to babies bum as it wont work and will repel against each other therefore not keeping babies bum dry. I think thats right im sure I remember reading it somewhere on here!

There is some disagreement about using two layers of fleece. I personally think it does work and that has been my experience, but I only do that overnight sometimes to keep LO extra dry. During the day, the fleece lining of the nappy is more than adequate. If you did want to use a fleece liner during the day, I would guess it would be more to do with making poo cleanup easier!

I did find that LO needed the extra boosters in ittis, but she was quite big and weed a lot. I'd wait and see though, and yes you can use boosters from other nappies as long as they fit. You wouldn't want to have any booster poking out of the nappy or you'll get leaks, but if your LL ones were a bit big you could always fold them. And I found the Tesco cloths the perfect size for small and medium ittis. If you fold them in three they're just right for underneath the top layer.

Microfibre and fleece are two very different things (although just to confuse you, some fleece is called microfleece, but it's definitely fleece!). Microfibre will soak up wee very quickly so it's good at moving liquid away from the baby's skin. Fleece stops liquid soaking back towards the baby. So it's not really a case of either-or. Both is a great combination cos the fleece lets the wee through into the microfibre which soaks it up quickly. What you would NOT want is microfibre next to baby skin, as it stays feeling wet and the fabric can irritate some babies.

I think I will just put a fleece liner in all of them to be safe..hahaha
I think the cheap ones said the liner was microfiber..and I suppose it would go in the pocket like said above..yeah I will see how baby goes though them with just the one insert they gave in the pocket and a fleece liner on top..
plus I do want to try and help with the poo stains and cleanup which is why I want to use fleece on top of all of them as well..

Yeah that why I use my fleece liners to help prevent staining def a big help although sometimes its so runny it slides off and under onto the nappy anyway lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->