another 'what shall I do while I'm on maternity leave' thread

FirstBubba

Reaction score
hey everyone!!
I know there are loads of other threads with the same question but I'm on my phone and it takes too long to find them all lol.
So, tomorrow is my last day at work and then me and OH have a busy weekend but from Monday I have know idea what I'm going to do to pass the time!! I'll only be 30 weeks so have 10 weeks to kill lol!!
I thought I would have loads to do but I just made a little list and all that needs to be done is to pack my hospital bag and wash all of bubbas clothes, that's not going to take 10 weeks... there aren't any groups (aquanatal, mums to be etc) that I can join as I am so skint, I just can't afford them :(
what are all of you going to be doing to pass the time?? I neeeed ideas :) xxx

cant help ya here lol been on mat leave for 4 days n bored out of my mind lol

I've been reading some parenting books like What To Expect The First Year, books on breastfeeding (since that's what I'm doing), and books on making homemade baby food for when that time comes.

If you aren't already exercising, now would be a good time to start walking too :) I've been exercising my whole pregnancy, but only recently started taking daily walks for even 20 minutes a day. It really helps with all the aches and pains, plus it's suppose to help with labor!

I am off from 35 week, so will not have lots of time, but thought of:

1. Painting some pictures (for his room) on canvas for my little Liam (I hope he will be artistic as well).
2. Going for a short walk every day (can’t walk too much because of SPD)
3. Clean as much as I can!
4. Pack the hospital bag
5. Wash all LO clothe.
6. Read some parenting books and baby food...

I didn’t really think it all through… still have few weeks to go :( :( :(

What about doing some aqua-natel? I think you can do it till you are 38 weeks…

i been on my mat leave from 29 weeks and yeah i been getting bored but i been tidying up our one bed flat ad trying to sort it all out as its only a small place, but also been making stews etc for when baby here we wont want to cook and dont wanna spend cash on takeaways

Wash everything for LO, watch day time TV, clean, pack hospital bag, go shopping, maybe a little pampering before LO arrives, meet friends for lunch, cook up some freezable meals for after baby is born, sit in the garden and enjoy the nice weather, read....this is what I intend to do :) x

cleaning cleaning and more cleaning lol and shopping when anyone is generous enough to give me some pennies hehe
i have a five year old although i dont have him at home 7 days so he keeps me busy somedays the other days i just mooch about the house and sit on pc all day lol
i do go aquanatal at my local council swimming baths thats only £4 maybee you could look into that its pretty cheep and gets you out of the house for a few hour :-/
when i was pregnant with my first i got so boredi did some charity work for cancer researchwas voluntary si they mind that your pregnant and will only be helping out temporary but hey are so grateful for any help x

i'll only have 3-4 weeks depending on when LO might make an appearance but mine will be cleaning, reading, sleeping (A BIG MUST), going for walks, seeing friends, cooking frozen meals, doing my cross stitch and sorting out nursery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->