Anovulation Group (not Ovulating)

Hi everyone, it seems to be quite a common thing having low progesterone, I have been worrying about this too as I never seen to get a positive on an OPK so i worry I am not ovulating. This thing is though I have regular periods every 28 days. I know that everyone can have the occasional anovulatory cycle but does anyone know if its still possible that every cycle can be anovulatory even though periods are regular? Do any of you guys have regular periods and not ovulate?

I have regular periods (every 30 days), but I think I only ovulate rarely. I have only seen one positive OPK, and it wasn't all that positive (the line wasn't really darker and thicker than the other line). But, I think it is totally possible to have anovulatory cycles that seem otherwise "normal".

Yes my cycles are regular and I was getting peaks on the clearblue fertility monitor, so I was sure I was ovulating, turns out I wasn't, anything is possible the only way to be sure is to BBT and use opk's.

Just got my next lot of results back and my progesterone was 25 it was 12 last time so the diet and exercise has improved it slightly, Next step is referral to gyno so we can finally get the next ball rolling, the doctor is even going to ask him if he can start me on clomid so looks like we could be getting somewhere.

Hey I'm bumping because I want to hear how the devil you all are.

Also my update - now a year since last depo shot - STILL not ovulating. Gyneo appointment in March so will try to kick up a fuss then

Well where do I start, firstly still waiting to see the gyno so I can start Clomid. Found out my SIL is pregnant which is great as I will have another niece or nephew but on the other hand I was gutted and it took me a while to get used it. Have still been eating healthy and being more active to increase our chances of Clomid working also started Reflexology and am starting acupuncture. Last week was a really tough week but I am starting to feel a bit more positive now roll on my referral letter so we can start getting things working again. How are things with you? xx

Aw love bless you.

My little sister is now five months pregnant - and at the begining I have to admit I felt a little bit jealous. It'll pass hon.

I'm on my thyroid meds - feeling better but no difference where ovulation is concerned. It worries me sometimes - I mean, how do your ovaries just stop working? And it feels like it must be bad for us - if we are producing folicles (ie, not in menopause) what is happening to them? Ai ai ai

I know, I have a million and 1 questions concerning this I only want one of them to break free and be my baby. How does this happen there must be a reason or something that has happened for it to just stop and if it just stops surely it can just start back again.
It's very hard coming to terms with it.

Did they ever tell you the cause? In my case they've said it's maybe the depo (even though my lost shot was a year ago this week) or my over active thyroid (although it's rare for it to do this).

They ruled out PCOS and other stuff. And thank god my FSH was 5 so the big evil cause is out.

I know that I don't ovulate every month... Reall think I had this month but ended in a visit from the :witch: can't get back to see the fs until may but fingers crosses if it hasn't happened naturally by then he'll give us clinic ! Have heard such good stories about it !! Xx
Good luck to all in ttc! :dust: x

He explained the chemistry behind it all but i'm guessing the gyno will investigate further to find my cause, I'm hoping it's just a hormone in-balance and not something else like pcos.
Welcome summerlily and good luck :)

It may well not be PCOS hon - they've ruled that out for me.

Do you get OPK surges? I don't.

Yes got a positive every month for over a year, thats why I didn't think my problem would be this and my periods were pretty much regular, In fact they have only been playing up ever since I found out I never used to get spotting at all but I get it regularly now. Weird!

If you had PCOD you'd probably get a LOT of positives on the OPK's. So thats one bright side to look at :)

At the stage, I'd be ok with a puppy.

But yes, we abso-flippin-lutely will hon.

Hey there. I just found out that I'm not ovulating. I had my doctor's appointment today and she set my husband and I up for the tests we need to get started on Clomid. She also ordered a blood test to check my thyroid - as I told the doctor that my appetite is out of control and that I'm about 5-7 lbs heavier than I normally am. The doctor said that my tests results indicated that I don't have PCOS and that it's most likely there is no cause for my anovulation. I am really trying to keep it together and stay positive, but I can't stop crying. Is it normal to be really upset about this or am I overreacting? Does the initial shock and disappointment about anovulation pass?

Hi Fritz, You will deffo get over the shock, luckily for me I only occasionally didn't ovulate and turns out that wasn't my problem at all, now a year down the line I have a very different story to tell, I am just going for my first IVF appointment this morning, and now I wish that annovulation was my problem as this is fixed fairly easily, my SIL had PCOS and didn't ovulate often and she now has a 5 month old baby, so try to be positive, I know how hard this journey is but you are still at the beginning and you are likely to be able to conceive naturally so don't beat yourself up too much this ttc stuff is stressful enough, you can also change your diet to help your PCOS and Acupuncture is very good too, so I know from my experience that if I was actively doing things it made me feel so much better, you might also want to try tracking your ovulation by taking your temps in the morning, you can pick up a bbt kit very cheap from a chemist, any questions just ask, I have had every test going and with the help from the other ladies here you will soon learn how to get in tune with your body and get it ready for a baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->