Ante-Natal Classes - Bristol?

berniegroves

A daughter and a son
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have popped over from Second Trimester to ask for any advice you may have.
I am unable to attend the NHS Ante-natal classes being offered in Patchway in Bristol due to work commitments.
So me and DH are looking for some private classes.
Does anyone have any experience of these in Bristol?

I have found the NCT classes, Fit for Birth classes and also Birthing Right classes all in Bristol.
But i don't know which to go for. The NCT classes last for 6 weeks and total around 17.5 hours which seems like a lot to me.
The other classes are around 6 hours and offer smaller groups so you get more out of it etc.

Anyone have any experience of this? I am just not sure what to do for the best.

Thanks
Emma
x

I did an ante-natal NCT class in Bristol and found it to be really useful. It was a bit of a distance for us travel, but well worth it, and i know they use a variety of venues across the city. The class covered everything we needed to know about labour and the birth experience, and also alot of early parenting information, which i found very helpful in the first few weeks! The group wasn't large, there is a maximum of 8 couples allowed as far as the teacher told me, and i'm still in regular contact with the friends we made in the class. The free NHS class on the other hand was brief and there was over 30 people there when i went. I'd definately recommend the NCT class from the good experience i had! Sorry i can't comment on the other classes available. Good luck with everything ;)

I'd second the vote for NCT classes in Bristol. We found them hugely helpful as a space to learn and think about future issues. But whilst birth is just a day (or so), the baby stays around a lot longer!! This is where a longer course helps as you have friends in the exact same situation so you can support each other. Texts and emails in the early days/nights have now been replaced by weekly meet ups at each others houses or cafes. A huge support and wealth of knowledge/advice between us.

another vote for NCT in Bristol... We are in Brislington but had to travel to Bradley Stoke for our classes as they filled up really quickly.

They were definitely worth the money. OH says it was the best thing we spent money on for the baby both for the content and the relationships. The group of friends I've made have been amazing. We meet on an almost weekly basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->