Antenatal Classes

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
Are all you 1st time mommies planning on going? Im really unsure at the moment. I guess its fear of the unknown. Its getting to the stage where I really need to decide coz ill need to get my name down soon x

I dont know if Im being stupid....but I thought that you were just automatically booked into them when the midwife books all the other things!! Do hospitals provide the classes or do you need to find somewhere that does hold them?!

Ooops...I feel so stupid now!!

When I was given a load of leaflets from the doc when I first got my pregnancy confirmed, there were forms in that that you have to fill in & give to yr midwife if you want to go.

I will be going, OH doesn't want to (but he has no choice!) but I really want to as I think they will help & give you an idea of what to expect.

I did get a leaflet but god knows where I have put it! I think i am going to ring my docs and see what is available cos even though this is my second child I would like to attend (my DD is 15 so I am sure things have changed!)

Hmmmm. I know that I didn't get a form as I had to fill out my own notes! The midwife asked me if I wanted to go and ticked a box on my notes. Nothing more spectacular than that. I'm expecting something more at my 16 week appointment to be honest.

I'm gutted about aquanatal though....I'm not a strong swimmer but I love it (used to Scuba dive and all sorts) and when i saw the aquanatal being advertised i thought BRILLIANT! Turns out it's on a Tuesday Morning so even if I wanted to go I can't until I'm on Maternity leave, and then I wont have the car!! Grrrrrrrr!

I'm planning on going to at least the first couple to see if they're any good. My mw gave me a sheet with the dates and times and highlighted the ones I was to go to so I just need to turn up. My mw is the community mw so it is her that runs the classes. I don't think OH will be able to come though as he'll struggle to get the time off work.

I will be going to antenatal classes even though this is my 2nd baby for more of a social thing, as I am in a new area this time and want to meet people who are in the same area and having a baby. I made 2 really good friends thru antenatal classes last time, and it is lovely having someone who you can go for a walk/have coffee with who is off work for the same time you are once baby is here. x

Same as Kiddo - when I asked about it at my 24 week appt, it turns out that in my original pack was a list of dates - I don't need to book, just turn up. And she told me which dates to go to to fit in with my pregnancy.

I've also looked in to private ones - found some small, cheap ones locally which I'm going to try.

Also going to a monthly NCT homebirth meeting for the first time on Monday - the private classes have an emphasis on homebirth too and it's what I'd ideally like, so am trying to get as informed as possible.

I was in two minds: ignore it be totally unprepared, or gen up so I know what to expect. Have tentatively chosen the second option.

Thanx ladies I think it would be in my best interest to attend so im going to phone and try and book them this afternoon. In my area its up to you to make the booking, my MW told me to phone and book before my 24 week appt as they fill up quick x

My midwife hasn't even mentioned it yet.... hmm.... i just assumed she'd tell me when to go when it gets to nearer the time, but maybe i've missed something and i need to be being more pro-active or book them myself?

I think everywhere is different to be honest, in some areas I think the midwifes just automatically book you on them. It wouldnt do any harm to give ure midwife a phone coffee and see what the procedure is in ure area x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->