Anti-Anxiety Medicine while pregnant

hmusgrove

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So before I got pregnant I was on 30mg of Paxil, which worked well, I never had any problems with it besides if I forgot to take it, I would get the weirdest feeling. So when my doctor confirmed my pregnancy he switched me over to 100mg of Zoloft. I've only been taking the new medication for a week now, but my doctor didn't wean me off the paxil, I just replaced it with the Zoloft. Now i'm getting those strange feelings like when I forgot to take my paxil, which I know are probably some type of "withdrawal" symptoms, but i'm wondering how long it might take for me to get used to this medicine. Does anyone have experience with any of this? I've been feeling pretty crappy lately!
:nope:

What type of feeling is it? I take zoloft - I stopped taking it for the first 10 weeks and have gone back on it, so I have some idea of how it feels to withdraw from it. In the past I have found that my symptoms go away in a couple of weeks.

Well, i've looked up withdrawal symptoms from paxil and some people describe it as a "woosh" feeling. But I kind of desribe it like, my head spins for like a second (like dizzy) but then it goes away. I get this feeling a few times a day, but I also feel like it gets worse for some reason when my stomach is bothering me and i'm feeling queezy. It's such a weird feeling, it's kind of hard to describe. :shrug:

It is probably just from switching meds. I went off escitolopram when i got my bfp and could barely think for about a week.

Well, i've looked up withdrawal symptoms from paxil and some people describe it as a "woosh" feeling. But I kind of desribe it like, my head spins for like a second (like dizzy) but then it goes away. I get this feeling a few times a day, but I also feel like it gets worse for some reason when my stomach is bothering me and i'm feeling queezy. It's such a weird feeling, it's kind of hard to describe. :shrug:

I get dizzy now and attributed it to morning sickness.

Thanks guys!! I'm hoping it's just taking me some time to get used to the new meds! I mean I was put on Paxil just 2 months after giving birth to my son, who will be 6 years old in November. I knew I would have weird symptoms, I just hope they don't last too long, it makes me feel even more yucky than I already do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->